x635

[UPDATED] SPY SHOTS- New Rochelle's New Engine 25

93 posts in this topic

New Rochelle FD

New Engine 25

2008 Pierce Arrow XT Pumper

Taken during 12/17-18/08 Pierce Factory Trip

Delivery at the end of January

Special thanks to BNECHIS for the photos!!

PHOTOS BY BNECHIS AND POSTED WITH PERMISSION

post-11-1229908944.jpg

post-11-1229908957.jpg

post-11-1229908967.jpg

post-11-1229908979.jpg

post-11-1229908985.jpg

post-11-1229908992.jpg

post-11-1229909001.jpg

post-11-1229909009.jpg

PHOTOS BY BNECHIS AND POSTED WITH PERMISSION

looks like a beauty, did Capt. Bnechis go to the plant.

Seth, Thanks for posting. I was unable to.

Thanks for submitting the photos for all of us to see! Much appreciated, and glad to post them for you....please send more as you have them!

Niiiiice!!!!! I'm sure that'll serve the citizens of Scarsd... uh, I mean the North End of New Rochelle :P:D

Can't wait to work with it on some EMS runs!

Barry....The rear hose bed looks much smaller than the other engines. Will 5 Engine carry the same compliment of hose, or will there be a change in the way 5 Engine operates ??? Also, I didn't see the pop out steps to assist the old timers in the cab......

Does it say "chevron" on the back verticle sections?

Edited by bvfdjc316

Niiiiice!!!!! I'm sure that'll serve the citizens of Scarsd... uh, I mean the North End of New Rochelle :P:D

You were right, the people in Scarsdale...."hey whats that New Rochelle Fire Truck, Police car & Amb. doing at my house" I called SFD, SPD & SVAC.

Sorry sir but you live in New Rochelle.

"I do not.... the real estate agent told me it was Scarsdale and I paid $100,000 extra because of it"

Barry....The rear hose bed looks much smaller than the other engines. Will 5 Engine carry the same compliment of hose, or will there be a change in the way 5 Engine operates ??? Also, I didn't see the pop out steps to assist the old timers in the cab......

Same compliment as E-22

Last old timer retired to live in an assisted living facility on Devonshire

Edited by Bnechis

Does it say "chevron" on the back verticle sections?

Yes. In reading NFPA 1901 we determined that "chevrons" were required on the back...............so we wrote "Chevron" (note its in White with red background). LOL :P

Yes. In reading NFPA 1901 we determined that "chevrons" were required on the back...............so we wrote "Chevron" (note its in White with red background). LOL :P

Well...if anyone can find a loophole. it would be you! :lol:

Will it say FDNR on the front above the grille? :P

Will it say FDNR on the front above the grille? :P

Why would we put someone elses name on our rig?

another 30 days till final pics.

December & January trip to Appleton...when will someone build fire trucks in the Virgin Islands?

Since truck was purchased before 12/31/08 the striping not needed (at least what I been told) but glad you decided to go wih safety (no comments)

Where is the current Eng 25 going to go? Will it replace one of the current spares or an addition to the spare rigs?

Same compliment as E-22

Now he's Mr. Mom

Same compliment as E-22

Nurse Betty takes very good care of the old timers too !!!!!! :D;)

Where is the current Eng 25 going to go? Will it replace one of the current spares or an addition to the spare rigs?

I could use a couple of new T-shirts.....................Did I write that...bad hands..bad

It will replace spare E-17 or be numbered E-18 (a previous spare)

I know you guys got away from Pierce for awhile any reason why you went back ?

Same compliment as E-22

Will it carry any extra equiptment besides that of a standard engine company, being that it's a similiar layout like 22. (not including the geriatric equiptment :lol: )

I know you guys got away from Pierce for awhile any reason why you went back ?

They stopped bidding. Now they are back. We didnt get away from them, they didn't want our biz. And since they sold no rigs in Westchester from 2002-2008 I guess they did not want anyone elses

Will it carry any extra equiptment besides that of a standard engine company, being that it's a similiar layout like 22. (not including the geriatric equiptment :lol: )

E-25 is setup as an engine & 1/2 service company (as per ISO). since the 1st due ladder to its area is L-13 and has a substantial drive.

E-25 carries (beyond what other engines carry) a Fan, TIC, Little Giant Ladder and the new e-25 will also carry a 35' extension (in addition to the 24' & 14' roof)

and a combi tool, plus additional hooks and generator

Edited by Bnechis

Bnechis...We just signed the contract for 2 new PUC's (Engine and 75' Ladder) How long from signing too delivery for the NRFD engine. Looking for a ballpark on our delivery....

Bnechis...We just signed the contract for 2 new PUC's (Engine and 75' Ladder) How long from signing too delivery for the NRFD engine. Looking for a ballpark on our delivery....

They claim 300 days....but it looks like they are closer to 225 for this engine.

The rumor mill has it that you need to check the pump test very carefully on the PUC. If you ordered 1500 gpm, make sure you get 1500 gpm.

Edited by Bnechis

what kind of engine does it have ;)

Bnechis

How are your current rigs holding up I know my department is going to be looking at specing out an engine with in the next year or two I know you guys have a few different manufacturers. Anything we should stay away from

Bnechis How are your current rigs holding up I know my department is going to be looking at specing out an engine with in the next year or two I know you guys have a few different manufacturers. Anything we should stay away from

Our biggest concern is with the financial stability of the vendor. If you cant get parts, then what?

We are specing a number of different maintenance features into our rigs to try and reduce the down time and the cost that can be reduced, but all of those items can be spec'ed into anyones ability to build.

We have tried to move as much as possable to a performance based spec, that anyone can build. I still see depts. that will buy X because we always have, even if X is the most expensive and the quality has turn to "waste".

Another thing we've considered is that all of our rigs will hit or get hit during its life. I looked at a lot of rigs last week at Peirce and many have never considered that and a minor fender bender is going to cost them tons and will take the rig OOS for a long period to repair, and simple changes would solve that

What is the row of lighs behind the rear doors for?

I belive water tank levels, but dont take my word for it.