Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Thermal Imaging Recording

27 posts in this topic

I am wondering what departments represented here on EMTBravo has thermal imaging cameras hooked up to a recording device?

Overall, what are your feelings on your systems?

What do you do with the recordings?

Thanks

I am not sure about recording (which I am sure can be done) but I have seen a thermal imager hooked up to a broadcast system and I have seen what the thermal imager is saw only inside of the engine watching in on the back up camera monitor.

I am not sure about recording (which I am sure can be done) but I have seen a thermal imager hooked up to a broadcast system and I have seen what the thermal imager is saw only inside of the engine watching in on the back up camera monitor.

PM chris192... he'll fill you in, and then some!

PM chris192... he'll fill you in, and then some!

Haha! Good point! I bet he can! :D

I was actually referring to hand held TIC's used in interior firefighting....but still worth hearing his input!

We had the monitor and vcr set up in our rescue truck, but the vcr did not like all the bumps. We now have the monitor set up in 31-11 it is working good and trying to come up with a way to make the vcr work.

We had the monitor and vcr set up in our rescue truck, but the vcr did not like all the bumps. We now have the monitor set up in 31-11 it is working good and trying to come up with a way to make the vcr work.

Really? Didnt know that... Is it possible to record to DVR/DVD? Are they more durable?

Chris - what camera are you guys running?

We are using the scott eagle 160. I am not sure on the dvr/dvd. The old set up worked good, we used it a couple of times in training before it got damaged.

East Fishkill's 39-67 has a TV in the command center in the back, but not quite sure about the capability of recording. I will find out.

East Fishkill's 39-67 has a TV in the command center in the back, but not quite sure about the capability of recording. I will find out.

10-4K

AFD has a monitor in the back of 32-67 Captains vehicle, I think we can record. Bullard cameras.

10-4K

Ok, updated info. They do have a VCR hooked up to the TV and receiver for the TIC inside 39-67. Not that I know of anytime it has been used for any such thing.

AFD has a monitor in the back of 32-67 Captains vehicle, I think we can record. Bullard cameras.

Same thing x134, they have Bullard's down there too.

Anyone have any videos that they would like to share? I've never heard of this.

Why not use a digital recorder. If the TV can handle the ride a digital recorder certainly will. Should also take up less space.

When we got our first TIC, we kept it on R18 along with a 13" TV with built-in VCR. One night while operating at a fire, the truck had an electrical surge, the generator burnt up and most of the electronics fried, including the TV.

A new TV has been purchased as well as a DVR unit. The TV purchased is too big (23") so I am looking for a smaller unit to install.

Our 2 other TICs are not compatable with this signalling gear, but we're looking into it.

Bullard cameras, in case you were wondering.

We used to record some calls and some drills, I don't know if the video is still laying around. I am hoping to have it set up for use during our upcoming FAST drill, but who knows.

Just something to think about if you have a TIC with a transmitter, I was told long ago when I purchased our 1st TIC that television stations (if on scene) could find the frequency used by the transmitter and broadcast live what your camera is seeing. I had originally purchased the camera with the transmitter and TV/vcr for training purposes so we could see what we are doing and how we could improve. If someone knows more about the capabilities of the news people stealing the signal please share it with all of us.

Just something to think about if you have a TIC with a transmitter, I was told long ago when I purchased our 1st TIC that television stations (if on scene) could find the frequency used by the transmitter and broadcast live what your camera is seeing. I had originally purchased the camera with the transmitter and TV/vcr for training purposes so we could see what we are doing and how we could improve. If someone knows more about the capabilities of the news people stealing the signal please share it with all of us.

Now THAT is VERY interesting!

This was told to me years ago an may be wrong that is why I posted it looking for more feedback.

This was told to me years ago an may be wrong that is why I posted it looking for more feedback.

Hell yeah...if ANYONE can steal and contort - it is the media!

Our Bullard TI has a Built In Transmitter and there was a Monitor / VCR in the Rescue, but it took a few minutes (and a spare body) to hook up the receiver antenna and get it running. Don't think it was ever used in anger, but did a few times in training. Not a bad tool if you can set it up so nobody has to dedicate themselves to get it running. We ended up removing the monitor to free up space for other equipment. As for the "Media Grabbing the Signal", I am sure this can be done. Similarly to everyone that has a scanner and pulls voice transmissions off the air. Same thing, only they are pulling video signals off the air.

They can. And if the tech is good it will only take a few minutes to find your signal (the 1st time)

I also think we can split the screne on the monitor so you can use two cameras one on A one on B.

WE ALSO HAVE A TOUGHBOOK LAP TOP MOUNTED IN THE VEHICLE WITH INTERNET AND CAN LOOK A GOOGLE EARTH, AND SOME CHEMICAL PROGRAMS FOR HAZ MAT INCIDENTS.

I also think we can split the screne on the monitor so you can use two cameras one on A one on B.

WE ALSO HAVE A TOUGHBOOK LAP TOP MOUNTED IN THE VEHICLE WITH INTERNET AND CAN LOOK A GOOGLE EARTH, AND SOME CHEMICAL PROGRAMS FOR HAZ MAT INCIDENTS.

AND EMTBRAVO! LIVE updates! :P:P:P

yup it was told to me by an NBC tech / vol ff., and I am the one who probably told you lol. He stated (at the time) he could steal the signal and broadcast it out in a matter of minutes. Now is the media going to be there when you are first using it?? maybe but his concern was if you make a mistake it is there for the whole world to see forever.

And just as a note if you havent had a legit hands on class by a qualified TIC instructor the chances of "not interputing (sic) what the camera is telling you" are a real possibility.

Bullard has several recording options that all work off a similiar D ring handle with transmit capability built into the handle so it will work with any T3 camera

1. stand alone receiver - provide your own monitor & recorder

2. Mobile command Center receiver / recorder - (all in one box) monitor. reciver, recorder

3. digital recorder built into handle and can be downloaded later

We have all 3 options available to us but so far have only used them in training scenarios - I don't think many departments can spare the manpower to have someone monitoring camera transmisions during the initial fire attack. Not to say it would not be useful especially in HazMat - the entry team may have difficulty viewing while wearing CPC.

Bullard has several recording options that all work off a similiar D ring handle with transmit capability built into the handle so it will work with any T3 camera

1. stand alone receiver - provide your own monitor & recorder

2. Mobile command Center receiver / recorder - (all in one box) monitor. reciver, recorder

3. digital recorder built into handle and can be downloaded later

We have all 3 options available to us but so far have only used them in training scenarios - I don't think many departments can spare the manpower to have someone monitoring camera transmisions during the initial fire attack. Not to say it would not be useful especially in HazMat - the entry team may have difficulty viewing while wearing CPC.

I am really digging the downloadable/built in memory function. Obviously for after the fact situations, but still better than nothing.

You are probably right Cap, it most likely was you.