Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Rockland Paramedics Vehicles Are Getting A Facelift

24 posts in this topic

Rockland paramedics vehicles are getting a facelift

By Jenna Carlesso • The Journal News • February 27, 2009

Rockland Paramedic Services is swapping style for safety as it converts its fleet of traditionally red, white and blue trucks into brightly colored, reflective emergency vehicles.

FULL STORY: http://www.lohud.com/article/20090227/NEWS03/902270409

Edited by x635
Moved to Photo Forum (Thanks res6cue!) Scroll down for photos

For those that are members of RocklandFires.com, you can click on this link to see photos of the new Medic 25 truck they are talking about in the article. The photos do not belong to me or I would link them here direct. Just an F.Y.I., the new truck already has had an accident !

http://www.rocklandfires.com/forums/index.php?topic=12691.0

Brian,

Could you post that photo on here for those that don't have log ons?

-Seth

RPS%20945-1%20(Medium).JPG

RPS%20945-2%20(Medium).JPG

RPS%20945-3%20(Medium).JPG

RPS%20945-4%20(Medium).JPG

Just an F.Y.I., the new truck already has had an accident !

Again with the mentioning of the MVA in the same breadth as the new striping. Unless you know the exact circumstances of what caused that MVA, why would you mention it again in public? All the striping, lights and sirens in the world won't stop bad drivers and stupid people from hitting emergency vehicles. You really ought to know better than try to make some lame point that the striping doesn't work based on one incident that you don't even know the details of. :rolleyes:

Edited by res6cue

Again with the mentioning of the MVA in the same breadth as the new striping. Unless you know the exact circumstances of what caused that MVA, why would you mention it again in public? All the striping, lights and sirens in the world won't stop bad drivers and stupid people from hitting emergency vehicles. You really ought to know better than try to make some lame point that the striping doesn't work based on one incident that you don't even know the details of. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's not a 'lame point', it's a good point. It helps to always remember not to become complacent just because you have new safety features. As you yourself point out here, some drivers are just beyond help.

I like the full surrounding Chevrons!! Looks like a nice piece, good luck with it!

As far as with mentioning that it was already involved in an MVA, what is the problem? I don't think there was anything malicious meant by his comment. Would someone care to clarify the circumstances?

Thanks for posting the photos, Chris! It's good to see you back!

I think the car looks SHARP!! RPS has always been the first to do a lot of things, so something like this doesn't suprise me.

Who does the outfitting for RPS?

Actually, it's not a 'lame point', it's a good point. It helps to always remember not to become complacent just because you have new safety features. As you yourself point out here, some drivers are just beyond help.

AGREED! You're working an accident scene overnight on an interstate and you have tractor trailers blowing by you at 70+ MPH. As with any safety feature, it's only as good as the user.

Your right Chris, I don't know what the circumstances were surrounding the accident, I was just pointing it out because it was very ironic. In case people don't know the area, the drivers in Medic 25's area are horrible ! Not that they are much better countywide, but far worse in Monsey/Spring Valley. Not sure what kind of damaged it sustained, but it wasn't serious, that much I know.

that looks horrible. im sure its safe, but looks horrid

Edited by 99subi

I guess there are a few Medic 25 alumni on here; I still miss working that truck....

Ya know - I guess its not the prettiest thing in the world, but I kinda like the overall idea. On the other hand - the sides are, IMHO, done worng - the striping should lead down and away from center mass of the vehicle, like on the rear, based on the research/guidelines I've heard. But it will be seen, except by those incapable (ie: drunk), or simply clueless.

My point was that some snide remarks were made on RocklandFires right after Medic 25 got into an MVA with this new truck. Instead of expressing concern for those involved, the first two replies were along the lines of "Guess the new striping doesn't work!" So yes, it's a "good point" in that it reminds us not to be complacent even with all the lights, sirens and reflective striping in the world (as I pointed out myself), but my comment went to a deeper issue that I didn't think should be rehashed on another board in public.

Ya know - I guess its not the prettiest thing in the world, but I kinda like the overall idea. On the other hand - the sides are, IMHO, done worng - the striping should lead down and away from center mass of the vehicle, like on the rear, based on the research/guidelines I've heard. But it will be seen, except by those incapable (ie: drunk), or simply clueless.
I noticed the same thing. Very cool that they took the plunge and made the trucks standout much more, but it seems the principle of the chevrons was lost on someone.

+1 on that..

Good to see that someone is making an effort to increase safety. I still think that the sides should have been traditional Battenburg Markings squares, but well, its not up to me. Good luck with it RPS.

I like it, but it won't help with the totally clueless, but if it helps even a little it might save one of us!!

Mobile Fleet out of Orangeburg, NY

Thanks for posting the photos, Chris! It's good to see you back!

I think the car looks SHARP!! RPS has always been the first to do a lot of things, so something like this doesn't suprise me.

AGREED! You're working an accident scene overnight on an interstate and you have tractor trailers blowing by you at 70+ MPH. As with any safety feature, it's only as good as the user.

Working for RPS/Rockland Mobile Care the one thing I learned from working with past Captain John McDonagh and Chief Murphy, Ray (CEO) likes to outsoursce their graphic work to the locals in Rockland CTY The ones he uses usually do great jobs as they did again. I believe they are in clarkstown

Even the RPS Supervisor's are getting the new graphics. Spotted Supervisor 518 yesterday at Medic 5's Station in West Nyack.

DSC_7865.jpg