Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Elmsford Fire Department Utility 86 Photos

26 posts in this topic

Ford F550 Crew Cab with a custom mini rescue body on the back. Used for specialized extrication equipment, light tower, hazmat equipment, portable generators, and other functions. Small enough to get through tight areas in the village yet just big enough for what we need.

Permission granted from Elmsford Chief 2111 to post these photos taken by TR54 this morning.

Thank you and best of luck with Utility 86 !

post-23-1235938718.jpg

Photos TR54

post-23-1235939000.jpg

Photo TR54

post-23-1235939525.jpg

post-23-1235939601.jpg

Sweet set up...and that is ALOT of diamond plate!

post-23-1235939857.jpg

post-23-1235939951.jpg

Looks nice, but it's a little to much diamond plate for me

Very nice, any idea who manufactured it?

Great looking truck - always been a fan of these sized units since Wassaic received theirs.

Great looking truck - always been a fan of these sized units since Wassaic received theirs.

Well thank you Josh.

Very nice, any idea who manufactured it?

Still wondering who manufactured the rig, anyone?

Sweet set up...and that is ALOT of diamond plate!

It is a lot, but I think that it looks good with the white cab.

Can't open the first link because I am at work but the other three from the company website are progress pics, nothing there advising who manufactured the vehicle.

I'd also like to know who manufactured the body...I know TCD did everything else, but they must have subcontracted for the body, as I don't see them having the facilities to construct one.

I love the way it looks! However, it's different from every Elmsford FD Vehicle in every way......will the new Chiefs vehicles and ambulances from this point foward carry this design?

love the chevron stripping is that an illusion that it changed colors or something special????

love the chevron stripping is that an illusion that it changed colors or something special????

Looks like flash on and flash off to me...

Looks good, any locker shots?

very very nice...good luck with it..... come parade time whos gonna buff all that diamond plate? outsource or probbies?

sorry for the delay. it holds numerous hand tools, speedy dry, booms etc. also chain saws, spare bottles, extinguishers, hand lights, cribbing. we have a boat for water emergencies that attatches to the roof. its in service but still waiting on other equiptment such as pumps.

Very cool truck! Saw it operating today on 9A at what looked to be a fluid spill. I had no idea that EFD took delivery of this rig. I came on here and what do ya know, heres all the info lol.

I wouldnt mind us (Buchanan FD) getting one of these to replace our current rescue. Looks like its got enough space for the basic extrication, ems, fire & haz-mat equipment for sure. Also, it was a smart move putting it on an F-550 chassis.