Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dondestro

Discussion - House Fire Pawling, NY

65 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any idea what is burning in pawling?

the incident alert wont come up when i click on it

Edited by Dondestro

All that i know is their is alot of mutuail- aid

9000 sq ft 3 st building M/A from CT & Put. Cnty

9000 sq ft 3 st building M/A from CT & Put. Cnty

shouldn't you be out there with your camera??? :P;)

Old cow barn converted to residence 120 x 40 from what I heard Command 3 earlier

As long as this thing has been burning yea I could have walked, not really at least 2+ hours I hope Bill took the ride

I hope someone is getting some good pics, I am out of town my self or I would have taken the ride to get them...

Now they want a four wheel drive pumper, I wish we had our old 51 that thing was a beast

yea special call Brewster 11-2-1 too the scene..

East Fishkill on stand by with tankers and an engine at Pawling station 2. Beekman and Dover station 2 on stand by. LaGrange on stand by with a tanker. Brewster is on the scene. I am assuming Putnam and CT. are on scene or stand by. My wife said the houses over thier are HUGE, really BIG. I hope thier are pictures I am kinda curious too.

Thomas

I just got back in town, they called our Tanker, guess I should take a ride South.

I look up the area on a Google search (Pawling, NY )and switch to a satellite view and there a building north of the intersection of Quacker La. That looks like it mite be the building your talking about

660 old quaker hill road

Approx count of Equipment. Changes frequently. 120x40 old farm converted into a house. 3 story

Patterson 2223, 2242,2261, Brewster 1151 and 1121,

Beekman 3413, 3431, 3432, dover 3612 and 3645, East Fishkill 3912

with 3932 and 33 on standby, Pawling with 5411, 5412, 5413, 5414,

5415, 5431, 5432, 5445, 5451, 5467, 5479, Union Vale 6781, Wassaic

6931, Gaylordsville with and engine and a tanker

Also a water tanker used to fill pools is reported to be on the way with 8,000 gallons. Pictures should be up soon. from a cell phone

Edited by beentheredonethat

30 plus pieces and I am at home, not being able to play with water and fire.

Thomas

Add Putnam Lake 23-2-4 from standby at Pawling sta 1 to the scene

Photo from somone on the scene

Wow.

That some fire right there.

Wow.

That some fire right there.

Just received a text from my faithful LT. They are on their way with our 14 to bring some Foam to the fire.

Best of luck to everyone operating on the scene - wish I was home to run with them.

Photo's are forthcoming ;)

Photo's are forthcoming ;)

Great - it looks like quite the operation.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas

660 old quaker hill road

Approx count of Equipment. Changes frequently. 120x40 old farm converted into a house. 3 story

Patterson 2223, 2242,2261, Brewster 1151 and 1121,

Beekman 3413, 3431, 3432, dover 3612 and 3645, East Fishkill 3912

with 3932 and 33 on standby, Pawling with 5411, 5412, 5413, 5414,

5415, 5431, 5432, 5445, 5451, 5467, 5479, Union Vale 6781, Wassaic

6931, Gaylordsville with and engine and a tanker

Also a water tanker used to fill pools is reported to be on the way with 8,000 gallons. Pictures should be up soon. from a cell phone

Add TransCare Medic 303 and 85-3 to that list.

Add TransCare Medic 303 and 85-3 to that list.

oh and ball pond on standby for putnum lake

You can add Hyatt's Tow Truck Company to the list. One hour ETA, for a few trucks stuck. Water and Dirt equals Mud, oh no we need a Tow. Good luck Boys and Girl. Someone needs to build a fire truck car wash station.

Thomas

Edited by TAPSJ

photos?!?!?!?!?!!!!!anyone know which trucks are stuck?

Edited by Dondestro

Just got back.. Was on a Tanker from Patterson (22-4-2). They are still there doing overhaul and investigation at this point.

I tell ya, this place was a monster !! I mean REALLY BIG. It had a big gate up front that it appears (I did not see it but it looks like the case) that it may have been mechanically opened (with a bumper) of the first due. When we got there there was some fire showing through the roof on the # 2 side and they were agressively attacking it. We dumped our tank and when we returned the fire had taken ahold of most of the entire roof and went into exterior operations. I shuttled 11 loads of water (x 3000) = 33,000 from just my rig. We counted over 10 tankers at one point. so we are talking like 300,000 gallons of water, plus I heard they were trying to access the pool in the back yard with another 40,000 and possibly another source.

Can not give you much on the actual firefighting though as I was busy driving around. Good job by everyone that was there and looking forward to seeing some pic's............ Its past my bedtime later

JHK Captain used the pool, a portable pump, and a handline in the rear of the buildingfor the duration of the fire.

I spent alot of time in Pawling's bucket....from early on...amazing job...spectacular house...

Do to the numerous dinners and FD functions we were covering for our district plus Amenia's so I needed to stay in town, looks like a monster task guys and gals, great job. I was told we hauled 9 loads @ 3000 per = 27,000 more.

If anybody's starting one, this looks like a candidate for a "Top 10 in Dutchess County, 2009" list