Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

LODD - Patrick Reardon - New Haven Fire Department

27 posts in this topic

I received word that New Haven, CT firefighter Patrick Reardon, a 14-year veteran, has passed away. On April 14th, FF Reardon suffered a fall while on duty at the Dixwell Station on Goffe St. in New Haven. He sustained a serious head injury and had been in critical condition since being admitted to the hospital.

New Haven Register article from April 14th, 2009: http://nhregister.com/articles/2009/04/14/...2-blotter14.txt

Rest in Peace Pat.

UPDATE 4/22/09

New Haven Fire Department press article to the New Haven Register about FF Reardon's passing: http://nhregister.com/articles/2009/04/22/...firemandies.txt

This is being handled as an LODD.

RIP

Rest in Peace Brother. Any word yet on services?

Edited by SageVigiles

May he Rest In Peace

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and his department, rest in peace Brother.

Services have not been announced as of yet. When I hear what the arrangements are, I will post them.

Are we very ahead of the loop? I have not seen this break on the national scene yet, a very small article on FH.com but not on the headlines...

I'll say again, RIP Brother Reardon.

Joe, I heard Sunday night and Monday for services. Don't have the particulars yet.

Are we very ahead of the loop? I have not seen this break on the national scene yet, a very small article on FH.com but not on the headlines...

I'll say again, RIP Brother Reardon.

Yeah, we're still ahead of things. WTNH, the local TV news station just posted it on their website within the past 2 hours. Slow going it seems.

One Fifty One, I understand your concern and to answer you question, no we are not ahead of the game. It was posted on the family's website they had through St. Raphel's Hospital that he had passed as this was the link for all who were concerned with his condition after the accident. It was also posted on another fire service website here in CT and also through the New Haven Register early this morning. Again I know your just watching out to make sure things are done properly.

I just saw the tenative arrangments for Brother Reardon's wake and funeral services;

The wake is to take place on Sunday April 26th, 2009 from 2pm to 7pm at Monahan's Funeral Home, 21 Wooster Place in New Haven, CT.

The funeral is to take place on Monday April 27th, 2009 at 10am at St. Lawrence Church on Main Street in West Haven, CT. The burial is to follow at All Saints Cemetary in North Haven, CT.

According to the information I have and what TLENARTjr has heard, the particulars concerning the firematic logistics are still in the planning stages. More to follow.

One Fifty One, I understand your concern and to answer you question, no we are not ahead of the game. It was posted on the family's website they had through St. Raphel's Hospital that he had passed as this was the link for all who were concerned with his condition after the accident. It was also posted on another fire service website here in CT and also through the New Haven Register early this morning. Again I know your just watching out to make sure things are done properly.

I just saw the tenative arrangments for Brother Reardon's wake and funeral services;

The wake is to take place on Sunday April 26th, 2009 from 2pm to 7pm at Monahan's Funeral Home, 21 Wooster Place in New Haven, CT.

The funeral is to take place on Monday April 27th, 2009 at 10am at St. Lawrence Church on Main Street in West Haven, CT. The burial is to follow at All Saints Cemetary in North Haven, CT.

According to the information I have and what TLENARTjr has heard, the particulars concerning the firematic logistics are still in the planning stages. More to follow.

I wasn't questioning the validity of Brother Reardon's passing, just was saying that from my view the story came across here sooner than it did elsewhere that I visit (FH.com, FE.com, Fire Geezer, TSL, etc.) I see that it was elsewhere first in places I don't regularly check. I was merely stating an observation.

Regarldess, I wish the family the best possible during this assured difficult time.

God Bless Firefighter Reardon and his family and May God Hold Him in the Palm of His Hand.

-Joe DA BUFF

Not a problem at all 151. Since I'm close to New Haven I got the information pretty quick. No offense taken at all.

The staging area for all uniformed persons shall be at the New Haven Fire Academy located on Ella T. Grasso Blvd in New Haven. Buses wil be provided to transport people to St. Lawrence Church in West Haven and back to thier vehicle upon the conclusion of services. I will be attending and if you area also please feel free to let me know if you are coming up.

Izzy

RIP FF Patrick Reardon

STAGING UPDATE: Location has changed, please take note.

The staging area for uniformed personnel will be at the Yale Bowl, Lot C, Intersection of Derby Avenue and Central Avenue, New Haven, Connecticut. Uniformed personnel should arrive at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, April 27TH . Buses will be transporting from staging area to funeral home and burial and back to your vehicles.

For those who might know the area a little bit this is the lot next to the Yale baseball field on Derby Avenue, also known as Route 34.

Also if you need to stay in the area:

The host hotel will be the Omni Hotel, located at 155 Temple Street, New Haven, Connecticut. Personnel should identify themselves as a fire fighter. For reservations call (203) 772-6664. The rate for Sunday and Monday is $96.00/night.

Rest in Peace, Pat. May the Good Lord help your family, friends and extended family at New Haven FD, as well as all in the New Haven Emergency Services get through this difficult time.