Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Memorial Day

20 posts in this topic

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 25 in 2009). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the civil war), it was expanded after World War I to include American casualties of any war or military action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

I would like to take a moment and say THANK YOU

to the men and women of our United States Military.

Thank you to those who served.

More importantly, let us remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country as this is the true meaning of this somber holiday.

More importantly, let us remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country as this is the true meaning of this somber holiday.

This!

Honor them by ensuring that our future was worth the sacrifice of their tomorrows.

Thank you to my Wife - USN CTI 1 ,and Sister in law - AC 2 ,for serving in the NAVY, and my Brother in law now serving in the Marines as a Sergeant in Afghanistan!

Thanks to a bunch of my buddies from high school serving in the Navy and Army, and thanks to everyone else who serves us. Lets not forget our fallen Fire, Police and EMS brothers either.

let us remember not only those brave souls that gave their lives so that we may be free to debate on EMT Bravo but to all of thoses that have worn the uniform of our country so proudly. Brave men and women have given their lives for our freedom. Heroic men and women have come home from battle with the scars of fighting --mental and physical, they too are the honored ones. Wether we believe in the policies of war or not the front line soldiers protect us and deserve all of our prayers for a safe return.

Thank you to all those who have served and (especially this weekend) given their lives so that we may live free!!!

Edited by TangoCharlie

Amen! Thank you to those who are fighting to ensure our freedom, And let us never forget those who have gone before

On memorial day the flag should be lowered to half staff from sunrise to 12 noon, mon may 25.

* A reminder to our veterans out there, a law was passed a few years ago that a vet can salute the flag when out of uniform, this is so a vet can be identified in a crowd and be recognized for his service to our country.

Lest we forget:

Lexington-Concord, Valley Forge, New Orleans and the frontier, the Alamo, Bull Run, Gettysburg, San Juan Hill, Chateau Theirry, Pearl Harbor. Guadalcanal, Anzio, Omaha Beach, Bastogne Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Pork Chop Hill, Cho-sen, Khe Sahn, Hue, Beriut, Tehran rescue, Grenada, Desert Strom, Iraqi Freedom, Afghanistan and all the other battles large and small fought across the globe for this great nation, for they have taught us that Freedom is NOT free. Let us take take a moment out of our busy lives to honor the the fallen soldiers, sailors and airmen, those whose blood was shed for our future. Salute the flag, cast our eyes downward and thank them for their sacrifice and that of their families, thank them for our freedom and our future.

My most heartfelt thanks to those who served and those who have died in defense of my liberty and the security of my country and my family. Rest in Peace, heroes all.

9/11 Never Forget

Cogs

Edited by FFPCogs

Well put, Cogs.

We must always remember those who served our country.

post-128-1243165031.jpg

Note: image copyright holder unknown

It is the

VETERAN,

not the preacher,

who has given us freedom of religion.

It is

the VETERAN,

not the reporter,

who has given us freedom of the press.

It is

the VETERAN,

not the poet,

who has given us freedom of speech.

It is

the VETERAN,

not the campus organizer,

who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is

the VETERAN,

not the lawyer,

who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is

the VETERAN,

not the politician,

Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the

VETERAN who

salutes the Flag,

It is

the

VETERAN

who serves

under the Flag,

ETERNAL

REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON

THEM.

We can be very

proud of our young men and women in the service no matter where they serve.

God

Bless them all!!!

Makes you proud to be an AMERICAN!!!!

In the words of Gen. George S Patton "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

Dad thank you for your service I am proud to have you as my Father

Thank you, Cpl. Sean Ward, stationed in Afghanistan, previous tour in Iraq 03-04

Uncles, Battle of Iwo Jima, WW2

and to all the brave men and women, for fighting for this county, God Bless all of you and thank you

God Bless let us all remember those who have gone before us, Thank You.

This Memorial Day, remember the reason for this day, and not the commercial endevors it seems to create. Remember the Fallen and Pray for those in Harm's Way protecting the Freedoms that this glorious country gives to it's citizens....

Joel McCrae's "In Flanders Fields" from WW1

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved, and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

Thank you and God Bless

Know alot that have served or in service now

God bless my Father Cpl ANDREW N. SPOSTA born 1923 died 1988 Port Chester N.Y Fire Patrol & Rescue Co No 1 [Rescue 40] UNITED STATES ARMY 75TH Infatry 281st Squad landed Omaha beach Normandy June 7 , Battle of the Buldge, shot twice in the Argan Forrest and still fought many other battles. Two Purple hearts and a Bronze Star. I wish I can only be half the man he was. DAD you will never be forgotten and the Men like you!