Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
citystation1848

Wappingers - Serious Multi-Car MVC - 8-8-09

49 posts in this topic

This hour, New Hamburg & New Hackensack as well as tons of other departments, have been operating at a very serious MVA on Route 9 on the bridge at Wappingers Lake.

As of now..

Mobile Life has three units on scene, TransCare/TWP Medic #1 & Medic #2 also TransCare 840 has relocated to Route 376 & East Fishkill, TC 303 (putnam rig) has relocated to Middlebush, Alamo has sent a unit to the TransCare HQ on Middlebush, Arlington 32-72/87 handled a P1 in Wappingers, 39-71 is on standby, BVAC with 82-71 & 67. Arlington 32-15 has moved up to New Hamburg to backfil as well.

Seems to be a horrific crash based on what i'm hearing from the radio reports. My prayers to the families of all involved and to the responders of the incident..

its another wrong way accident. person going south in the north bound lane, and apparently influenced by something illegal. sounded like a bad one on initial reports, members on scene had all patients extricated quickly. Hopefully this doesnt end like the TSP incident.

Sounded horrendous, if all those agencies were really needed at the scene, I can only imagine what it was like. I saw a few pictures from JetPhoto, and it looked bad.

Thank goodness I left work before those traumas rolled in!!!

All I have to say is please pray for the victums, thier families and the emergancy people involved at that scene. Thank you very much.

Thomas

Sounds like a mess, but it also sounds like a job well done by all... I have to say i'm very glad i wasn't working today...

Sounded horrendous, if all those agencies were really needed at the scene, I can only imagine what it was like. I saw a few pictures from JetPhoto, and it looked bad.

Thank goodness I left work before those traumas rolled in!!!

ok just so everyone on here dosent think it was all out for all companys involved Hughsonville is covering all calls in N.K.F.D they were called for a B.S mva while going to that H.F.D chief was called by 911 to tell him they took a call for a bad mva on rt. 9 and are sending N.H.F.D he told them the first mva was bs have my 11 go there and my 55 go to rt.9 and n.h.f.d was all ready on the road there were no rigs from n.k.f.d on the road there were a few of there members there all in all it was a very good job by Hughsonville and N.H.F.D under the command of h.f.d's chief good job to all on scene

Great pics, who is the old guy in shorts & sneakers wearing gloves?

ok just so everyone on here dosent think it was all out for all companys involved Hughsonville is covering all calls in N.K.F.D they were called for a B.S mva while going to that H.F.D chief was called by 911 to tell him they took a call for a bad mva on rt. 9 and are sending N.H.F.D he told them the first mva was bs have my 11 go there and my 55 go to rt.9 and n.h.f.d was all ready on the road there were no rigs from n.k.f.d on the road there were a few of there members there all in all it was a very good job by Hughsonville and N.H.F.D under the command of h.f.d's chief good job to all on scene

A little over-reaction to xfirefighter484x's comments, isn't it? I would interpret his comments to refer to the fact that New Hamburg, Hughsonville, Arlington, TransCare, MLSS and Alamo were all involved, plus East Fishkill and Beacon being indirectly on stand-by due to the incident. Also, a little punctuation now and again would be a nice idea.

Looks like a great job by all agencies involved.

I have yet to see anyone question why Command called any piece of equipment to the scene. Before this gets into a debate as to why Command called for the equipment he did, here's an idea, ask him when you see him, this is not the place to get into it.

I hope everyone here under stands the orginal call for this was New Hamburg and Mobile Life. Then County dispatched New Hackensack and Town Of Wappingers for a second MVA in that area. Then it was determined it was a borderline call. The call was actually in New Hackensack Fire District. Hughsonville was covering due to mutiple New Hackensack Members Out Of Service. They needed four ambulance for four patients all ALS transport. Great Job by all from DC 911 down to the Probies on that scene.

Thomas

I hope everyone here under stands the orginal call for this was New Hamburg and Mobile Life. Then County dispatched New Hackensack and Town Of Wappingers for a second MVA in that area. Then it was determined it was a borderline call. The call was actually in New Hackensack Fire District. Hughsonville was covering due to mutiple New Hackensack Members Out Of Service. They needed four ambulance for four patients all ALS transport. Great Job by all from DC 911 down to the Probies on that scene.

Thomas

WOW!!! No pictures from fdphotounit aka - Bill Johnson?

WOW!!! No pictures from fdphotounit aka - Bill Johnson?

Most of New Hackensack's members were on a dinner cruise for the 60th anniversary. Hence Hughsonville's coverage of New Hackensack. Bill may have been on it as well.

Doesn't look as horrendous as everyone made it out to be.

Infact there were no serious injuries.

Great job in blowing this out of proportion.

Everyone was discharged.

Edited by SmokeAndFlames

Doesn't look as horrendous as everyone made it out to be.

Infact there were no serious injuries.

Great job in blowing this out of proportion.

Everyone was discharged.

Where did you get the information "no serious injuries" & "everyone was discharged?"

Every department on the scene worked as ONE. Every apparatus on the scene was utilized. The chief ran the incident just as good as anyone else would.

This is another incident that I can say if you were not there and did not experience what happened for yourself, don't second guess how it was handled.

A little over-reaction to xfirefighter484x's comments, isn't it? I would interpret his comments to refer to the fact that New Hamburg, Hughsonville, Arlington, TransCare, MLSS and Alamo were all involved, plus East Fishkill and Beacon being indirectly on stand-by due to the incident. Also, a little punctuation now and again would be a nice idea.

Thank you, couldn't have said it better!

Having 3 cars with heavy entrapment and shutting down a major roadway and 4 ambulance going ALS to Saint Francis. That seems SERIOUS to me. Also State Police said it was serious.

PoJo.com

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...NEWS05/90809003

Thomas

Look at the white vehicle in the picture.... Door removal? heavy entrapment? Not one car appears to have its roof removed. The white Honda has a door pryed back. With all of the apparatus their how could you not close the road down? A Ambulance going ALS to SFH? Is that unheard of? The Simple fact of mechanism makes it ALS, does not mean serious.

LOL State Police? So what they said it was serious, is it true?

Come On People.

Where did you get the information "no serious injuries" & "everyone was discharged?"

Every department on the scene worked as ONE. Every apparatus on the scene was utilized. The chief ran the incident just as good as anyone else would.

This is another incident that I can say if you were not there and did not experience what happened for yourself, don't second guess how it was handled.

Never said the units worked sloppy or poor. Never said it was HANDLED poorly. Obviously went well.

Look at the white vehicle in the picture.... Door removal? heavy entrapment? Not one car appears to have its roof removed. The white Honda has a door pryed back. With all of the apparatus their how could you not close the road down? A Ambulance going ALS to SFH? Is that unheard of? The Simple fact of mechanism makes it ALS, does not mean serious.

Come On People.

HAHAH I totally agree.

- Now the Ped struck by a vehicle in East Fishkill last night did not seem serious (which people on here made it seem like the guy was mangled, which he wasn't). And at first glance it really wasn't anything spectacular considering the only damange to the car was a broken side view mirror and a couple scratches and the APPARENTLY minor injury to the pedestrian....HOWEVER, it's turned out to be a WAYYYYYYY more serious call than I thought.

Edited by Chris192
profanity removed

1st thanks for sharing ypur photos Jet. 2nd I'm surprised noone has commentedon what appears to be a bottle on the rear floor of the the red minivan.........

1st thanks for sharing ypur photos Jet. 2nd I'm surprised noone has commentedon what appears to be a bottle on the rear floor of the the red minivan.........

OK I'll take a chance here but first off its not a minivan but an old Buick or Olds and since I had one I can vouch that it appears that it is going to be either oil or trans fluid since with older domestic cars you stop to fill the oil and check the gas :blink::unsure:

The bottle is black plastic and looks like Wal-Mart brand cheap motor oil.

Come On People.

Gotta agree that the term "serious" means different things to different people. Was this a serious accident - depends on who you ask. I'll say this though, closing a road doesn't make it serious. I've had to close roads for disabled vehicles when they were in a bad location. The State Police saying it was serious means it was serious to them (and that could have been because it was a load of paperwork!).

Mechanism of injury does not make a patient ALS - patient condition makes the patient ALS. You absolutely factor mechanism into the decision making process but it has to be based on the patient.

Now back to the accident, can anyone confirm that this was indeed a wrong-way DWI accident?