Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JM15

LODD East Charleston VT

12 posts in this topic

An East Charleston, Vt. volunteer firefighter was killed yesterday (Aug. 30) in a fire truck rollover, according to WCAX-TV.

Firefighter Kenneth Frizzell, 55, was returning from a call when he lost control while driving on a hill and hit a telephone pole, police told the station.

He was then ejected from the fire truck and was pronounced dead at the scene.

RIP

I had this sinking feeling in my stomach, and get it every time I read about an LODD out in the VAST "no hydrants zone" of the country.

"An East Charleston, Vt. volunteer firefighter was killed Aug. 30 after being ejected during a tanker rollover."

Sure enough; "AFT" (another f'in tanker) that feeling I was getting in my stomach.

I recently viewed a group of photos on here, where the members ran a tanker drill. It looked like a well run drill.

But d@mn, the fire service HAS to do something about the design of these tankers or something. Maybe "cross-baffles" in the tank itself? Something.

~Rest in Peace.

May he Rest in Peace and may God grant his family, friends, and the entire East Charleston Emergency Services community the strength to get through this difficult time.

RIP FF Frizzell.

My condolences to his family and the brothers & sisters of the East Charleston FD.

efdcapt...well stated. I do not have experience with tankers, but it seems that there is room for improvement (on all ends).

R.I.P. Brother

Efdcapt, you are so right, something needs to be done. The slightest bounce & the water shifts, there is not much the driver can do.

I had this sinking feeling in my stomach, and get it every time I read about an LODD out in the VAST "no hydrants zone" of the country.

"An East Charleston, Vt. volunteer firefighter was killed Aug. 30 after being ejected during a tanker rollover."

Sure enough; "AFT" (another f'in tanker) that feeling I was getting in my stomach.

I recently viewed a group of photos on here, where the members ran a tanker drill. It looked like a well run drill.

But d@mn, the fire service HAS to do something about the design of these tankers or something. Maybe "cross-baffles" in the tank itself? Something.

~Rest in Peace.

This is a good issue to talk about, though I'm hesitant to speak of it here. I'll start a thread on tankers so we carry on without casting any unintended dispersion on this FFer's tragedy.

Peace be with our Brother, his family and the FD.