Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC2OBW

Did I hear what I thought I just heard?

35 posts in this topic

I did hear Yogi was in town looking for a picnic basket. Or it is close to Fire Prevention, Smokey spreading the word early

Thomas

Yes, I heard the same call.

Last year driving on Rt. 44 by Troop a bear ran out in front of my car.

I did hear Yogi was in town looking for a picnic basket. Or it is close to Fire Prevention, Smokey spreading the word early

Hey bobo...smokey is down...its an MOS......expidite...lol

It is not untypical to see a bear in Dutchess.....I have seen quite a few....I enjoy seeing them...just not face to face in the dark woods. LOL

................and............there is a rumor.................about a meeting.............about a Dutchess County Bear Season.......we will see.

I know if a bear runs out on front of my truck - it is getting hit...my $500 deductible is much cheaper than a bear hunt in Canada or Maine <_<

I know is common in some parts of Dutchess to see a Bear...I always hear Car Vs.Deer..but it was my fist hearing Car Vs. Bear lol...

I know there have been unconfirmed bear sightings around the corner from my home.

It is not untypical to see a bear in Dutchess.....I have seen quite a few....I enjoy seeing them...just not face to face in the dark woods. LOL

................and............there is a rumor.................about a meeting.............about a Dutchess County Bear Season.......we will see.

I know if a bear runs out on front of my truck - it is getting hit...my $500 deductible is much cheaper than a bear hunt in Canada or Maine <_<

Just remember to call PD so they can tag it for you. Getting caught with game out of season will cost you a whole lot more than the trip to Maine or Canada.

Years ago I got a deer that way. PD tagged it and helped me load it in the trunk. Had to throw away a side of ribs and a shoulder, but the rest was fine.

Yes car vs bear infront of Copperfields on Rt 44.

Yes, I heard the same call.

Last year driving on Rt. 44 by Troop a bear ran out in front of my car.

Could it be a "bearjacking ?"

Scott - that bear by your crib.......you can change that to confirmed....one was actually located in a tree on Winnikee and transported out by DEC

Scott - that bear by your crib.......you can change that to confirmed....one was actually located in a tree on Winnikee and transported out by DEC

Dan- Ah ok..didn't know about that one..how long ago was that...?

Spring...but there are others here in the City.

College Hill....Vassar Farms....etc...

Spring...but there are others here in the City.

College Hill....Vassar Farms....etc...

Happy Bday Danny boy

Vassar Farms is no surprise..but a bear in the HOOD? LOL..I've heard but not sure there have been some spottings on the upper part of fidget st near the woods going towards Mountain Brook.

Any Pictures?

You guys "up there" are usually right on-it! :D LOL

Photo taken just before the accident by a passerby. (Heard that Ranger Rick is really angry at Yogi and Boo Boo now !!!)

Any Pictures?

You guys "up there" are usually right on-it! :D LOL

post-80-1252767794.gif

I did hear that LOL I was passed out after makin back DC at 4 am after that Yankee game... I thought I had lost it when I heard that...

The bear jumped out infront of my buddy on his way to work this morning, on 44 right infront of Copperfields. He is ok, the car still runs, but alot of front end damage.

This picture was taken by one of the guys at Matt's Auto Body...

post-17023-1252769889.jpg

Wow.....beautiful bear!

Matt's Auto Body should do taxidermy on the side!

The bear jumped out infront of my buddy on his way to work this morning, on 44 right infront of Copperfields. He is ok, the car still runs, but alot of front end damage.

This picture was taken by one of the guys at Matt's Auto Body...

They towed the bear ?

How does the Insurance Company account for the Bear Towing Charge on the books when they file the claim? (Do they have a catagory called "Boo-Boo Towing Charges?" - LOL). Does Matt's Towing have a catagory called Bear Towing Charge? HOW IN THE WORLD DID THEY GET THAT BEAR ALL THE WAY UP ON THAT FLAT BED?

On a sad and serious note, Bears running into roads are becoming more frequent as Deers coming onto roads. And Bears pack a much harder punch on cars than Deers do. Something is seriously wrong here.

I hope they made sure its not just sleeping it off :o:blink:

Imagine what that could do if it happened to wake up in the back seat on the way home if they didn't double check :o

At first when I read this, I though it was a car vs Bear Grylls, but now realize its the furry kind... :P

Too bad for the bear though.

Ok now someone moved it up thier. So safety issue was the bear knocked out??? I wouldnt want to be moving it and it fill out. Also, did anyone get a Bear Hug???

Thomas