Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

Harrison EMS's New Ambulances (Spy Shots)

22 posts in this topic

Sorry for the bad picture quality.

Out with the old...

103-3.jpg

032-2.jpg

And in with the new...

105-4.jpg

107-2.jpg

Better Picture

Edited by firedude

Are the new F-450's replacing existing apparatus or in addition to?

Edited by bvfdjc316

Are the new F-450's replacing existing apparatus or in addition to?

I believe they are replacing the chevys (61-A1 & 62-A2), but they are not getting rid of them.

Better Picture

Why the switch to type 1's? If there an opening from the cab to the box or did they go with an intercom?

I saw one briefly yesterday and it looked like they have a small cubby hole to the rear box, no walk through.

They look AWESOME! Are they Lifelines?

Also, is Harrison EMS ever going to plan an expansion of their facilities so they can fit all their ambulances inside?

Great idea going to the Type 1 more leg room and much safer in accidents

Also, is Harrison EMS ever going to plan an expansion of their facilities so they can fit all their ambulances inside?

Medtech

Is there a 4x4 kit on the chassis or just a lift kit?

Nice looking rigs!

Is there a 4x4 kit on the chassis or just a lift kit?

Nice looking rigs!

I believe it is just a 4x4 chassis

The two new buses look really great, best of luck with them Harrison. Just a quick curiosity question, can someone give me a ballpark on how many calls Harrison EMS does in a year?

Another option is to relocate an ambulance to Purchase FD from 8am to midnight... wink.gif But that is me just thinking out loud...

JBJ

Awesome rigs! Good luck with them! I'm sure they're a little smoother riding than the beasts. I'll never forget trying to start IV's in the back of those things during my EMT-I class!

The look good and I hope they function just as well as they look!! Good luck with them.

Just a quick curiosity question, can someone give me a ballpark on how many calls Harrison EMS does in a year?

I checked http://www.harrisonems.com/ website but didn't see total calls per year.

OK, so here is the low down, since someone had to sneak onto our property and take pics :) They are 2009 Ford F-450's 4X4's, Type 1 with no walk thru, only a window. I am placing headsets in all the vehicles within the next few weeks. I hope to have them in service by mid November. They are not lifelines, there Built by MedTec. I am not getting rid of the lifelines, I will keep all in service. I am converting one of the C4500's to a Fire Rehab/IC/MCI vehicle to be known as Utilty 6105. We run 3,000 + calls, 80+ Stand-By's and Non-Emergency Transports for a few local MD offices. We are a career department now with 58 employees and always on the lookout for Medics. I will get some new pics of the interiors soon and I know I have to update the Harrisonems web page, but there are only 24 hours in a day. I also found out today that we will be the featured ambulance in all of the 2010 MedTec calandars and flyers, so keep a lookout.

Sorry for the bad picture quality.

Out with the old...

103-3.jpg

032-2.jpg

And in with the new...

105-4.jpg

107-2.jpg

Better Picture

both rigs look great...good luck with the new rigs...whats the plans for the old ones? if u dont mind sharing

Another option is to relocate an ambulance to Purchase FD from 8am to midnight... wink.gif But that is me just thinking out loud...

JBJ

Never Happen my friend and there you go thinkin again keep doin that and you will hurt ur self ....lol

Edited by jack10562
attached image removed

We are keeping the old rigs and turning one of them into a Fire Rehab/MCI/Incident Command Vehicle. Since we cover the Westchester County Airport and have 4 major highways as well as 2 College campuses, we need the truck as well as the old trucks. There paid for why not keep them :)

both rigs look great...good luck with the new rigs...whats the plans for the old ones? if u dont mind sharing