Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Mt. Kisco's Old Ladder/New Fairfield's New Ladder

36 posts in this topic

that is a really nice truck I cant understand why sell after two years of service

Very weird?!! I got to check that rig out within the past year while on a relocate. Nice rig, whats up with getting rid of it already?

Nothing on thier web page except they had the ladder at a touch-a-truck day earlier this month.

That's VERY strange....maybe they couldn't afford to keep two ladders, and this would fetch more value then TL-14?? Or did they have problems with the truck? Someone on here set us straight.....

haha "Availably for Christmas" i dont think it will fit under my tree haha

Edited by oilflame

Very odd selling a two-year-old apparatus.

If this topic was posted around, say, the very beginning of April, I might think it was more behind it....

Sources tell me they want to get a new Tower Ladder and the only way is to sell the Ladder

550? Thats a good price for such a new truck, some department is going to make out like bandits.

I guess the hook and ladder company could not afford to keep ladder 43 it is a very good looking truck I am sure a there is a dept out there that could use it

Since Pleasantville seems hell bent on getting a ladder, maybe they should take a look. the quick availability mentioned in the TL-5 thread and a great price, it couldn't hurt

That's VERY strange....maybe they couldn't afford to keep two ladders, and this would fetch more value then TL-14??

Bingo

Its a great truck and well worth the money. Mt Vernon and Pleasantville should take a good look at it.

Bingo

I'm just curious- maybe they are trading it in towards the purchase of a new Tower Ladder? The only reason I think that is because doesn't it have to go out to bid to be sold?

I know someone from Mount Kisco FD can weigh in on this situation and set us all straight...I hope, obviously there's a lot of people curious and I'm sure MKFD members want the facts straight, and I don't see a reason why this would be top secret. If anyone knows and wants to remain anonymous, send me a PM and I'll post it- and keep my sources secret.

Yes in fact L-43 is for sale. The rig is in excellent condition. If your Dept. is interested in purchasing it or you know someone who is, please contact us at information@hooks14.com. At this time, any future plans of our Company are not for public discussion. As soon as information is available for this forum, I'm sure it will be announced.

Gina,

So, what plans does the company have for the future?

:P

Gina,

So, what plans does the company have for the future?

:P<_<

Is the Ladder owned by the Village, Fire District, or company?

The only reason I was curious as to why it was being sold was to find out if it was being sold for mechanical reasons or dissatisfaction.

Thanks for the info, Gina!

Also, Pleasantville got a used tanker from Bedford Hills. Considering that Pleasantville is surrounded by TL's, this would be a perfect choice. Or for Katonah-but it probaly wouldn't fit in their firehouse.

The truck is owned by the Company. We are not a fire district. It is not being sold for any dissatisfaction. The truck has served us well. We would love to have Pleasantville or Katonah look at it. I think it will fit in Katonah. There firehouse is alot bigger than ours.

I think Ossining is looking for a tl but that is another dept that could be interested if they wanted a stick.

The truck is owned by the Company. We are not a fire district. It is not being sold for any dissatisfaction. The truck has served us well. We would love to have Pleasantville or Katonah look at it.

10-4, thanks. I know a fire company in Texas that may be interested in it now.

When it became clear that Pleasantville would need a new truck, a stick was fairly quickly eliminated. They never cease to surprise, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mt. Kisco Ladder 43 SOLD!!!!

Sorry to have kept this to myself for so long, but I didn't want to post any speculation until everything was approved. Anyway, you heard it here first, unless you are a New Fairfield or Kisco Ladder member. Last night the Board of Selectmen for the Town of New Fairfield, CT approved the purchase of Ladder 43 from Mt. Kisco. If all goes according to plan, delivery should be by the end of the month. Don't know the exact purchase price yet, I was not able to be at the meeting so I will find out, or maybe one of the other NF or Kisco guys can put that out here if they know it off the top of their heads.

Ladder 43, which will be re-designated as Truck 4 when it arrives in New Fairfield, will replace the current Truck 4, which we purchased used from Newtown, CT Hook and Ladder. Current Truck 4 is a 1975? Seagrave 100' Straight stick, purchased for I believe $15,000. It was refurbished when we bought it by Pierce.

"New" Truck 4 will be stationed at the Company "A" Station at 302 Ball Pond Road. However, the truck does not belong to Company A, it is a department vehicle not purchased with money from any specific company.

Current New Fairfield Truck 4, soon to be retired.

20414.jpg

OK so now its sold. why was it for sale?

I heard a rumor that eventually both rigs would be sold to purchase a new TL. Just a rumor though.

The latest word is that Ladder 43/Truck 4 will be delivered on Sunday. Still needs lettering and to be loaded up with tools, I know Kisco took the radios out, not sure if ours got installed at the same time.

Are all the water leaks fixed in the compartments or was it sold as is ?

Are all the water leaks fixed in the compartments or was it sold as is ?

The compartments were resealed at the dealer soon after the situation was discovered.