Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunaFish

MV Firefighters Want Chief Out

8 posts in this topic

Mt. Vernon firefighters ask judge to remove chief

February 14, 2010

MOUNT VERNON — The firefighters union wants a state Supreme Court justice to annul the September appointment of the fire chief because the union claims he is unqualified.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100214/NEWS02/2140340/1018/Mt.-Vernon-firefighters-ask-judge-to-remove-chief

Edited by jack10562
Source Site Copyright Notice

That's not fair to go after the Chief. He did take a class once on how to run a fire dept. Does that not equal the time and experience that the DC's have?

OK there is now 2 lawsuits against FDMV- do you think we can have a 3rd for a "HAT TRICK", my thoughts are a big YES!!!tongue.gif

I've taken college classes on how to run a fire department, I'm filing a lawsuit because I wasn't considered for the position! Haha. Seriously though, if he's that bad I wish the guys at FDMV luck.

It's getting busy in that corporation counsel office.

Sorry state of affairs. FDMV once was a great department. Everything is being done by the present administration to break the back of the firefighters, but you know what - it's the firefighter that will prevail. The big question is, when will there be a Mayor who will support the firefighters.

Can someone from MV give us some background info on his qualifications or lack of and any employment history?

You guys are hung up on the "Took a class on how to run a Fire Department" quote.

This quote originally appeared in the Journal noNews quite a while ago, and I believe it had a typographical error that was never retracted by the newspaper.

The misspelled word was "ruin"

JAD622, BFD1054 and efdcapt115 like this