Police Officer Michael R. Frey

Eastchester Police Department

New York

End of Watch: Thursday, March 21, 1996

Biographical Info

Tour of Duty: 6 years

Badge Number: 27

post-23-12691133436.jpg

Information from that tragic day in Eastchester NY http://www.odmp.org/officer/14738-police-officer-michael-r.-frey

Truck4 likes this

I still remember the day he died. I was working Abbey at the time as an EMT. His memory won't soon fade.

I also remember this day. I was teaching a firearms class at the Police Academy when this incident took place. I also remember attending the funeral with other members of my Police Department. After this incident, The Westchester County Police and the Yonkers Police obtained armored vehicles for future major incidents.

I was thinking of this the other day..I saw a car up in Dutchess with the bumber sticker..."Thank a Police Officer".......................

I was working the Empress radio room that day.....

There will be a Memorial Mass for Mike this evening at The Immaculate Conception Church, on Winterhill Road in Tuckahoe at 1900 hrs.

Our Hero in Heaven.

And yes, "Thank a Police Officer, in Honor of Michael Frey."

Retired: Shield #27

Retired: EPD Sector Car 43

Also keep in your prayers FDNY Fire Marshall Ronald Bucca, who along with many other brave law enforcement officers, firefighters, and EMS attempted to, and did help that day.

RIP Officer Frey.

With his death, it really changed Westchester law enforcement and made it better. Who knows how many more lives he's saved because of that?

RIP Officer Frey. I was at Mavis Tire 1 block away when this happened, and lived a few blocks away, Remeber it like it was yesterday. I saw a truck 2 weeks ago in Sullivan County with a Thank A Officer Michael Frey bumper sticker on it.

Officer Down Memorial Website

post-23-12691133436.jpg

Information from that tragic day in Eastchester NY http://www.odmp.org/officer/14738-police-officer-michael-r.-frey

Love you like a brother, Michael. Thoughts & prayers are with the Frey's especially mom, Eileen who gave me comfort at the wake. Such a sad turn of events that day... Michael is never far from my thoughts when thinking back on days spent at ICS. Rest In Peace

i remember when i was little you coming to my apt when i cuffed myself to a coffe table and my dad left his cuff keys in his locker at HQ. i miss you mike not a day goes by that i dont think of that day. you may be gone from this world and patroling in in heaven watching over all of those who still here today. ill never forget you mike.

Rest in Peace Officer Frey. I'm glad to know this Officer's memory is not forgotten.