Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Important News For Those Viewing And Posting Photos

10 posts in this topic

To all those that post photos, and to the many more who view them.

Effective immediately, when you post photos, it will allow you that one post to put your photos (as many as you want that are specific to that thread) in and then lock, so no one will be able to reply in the photo threads where the photos are (like the Incident Alerts). Therefore, our photo section will be more like a gallery which it is intended to be.

Questions or discussion about the photos or what's featured in them can take place on of the forums that is for that issue. (Example: Westchester Fire photos/incident would be discussed in the Westchester section)

And, the quickest way to find the newest photos is to view the photo portal on on our main site http://www.emtbravo.com

Thanks!

Seth G.

Founder And Adminstrator, EMTBravo

EMAIL: seth@emtbravo.com

How is this working for everyone?

I dont like it one bit.....I understand it..but don't like it..

I find it has eliminated alot of converation here, good, bad, or indifferent...there have been many photos posted here i would have commented on..

JM15 and firedude like this

I dont like it one bit.....I understand it..but don't like it..

I find it has eliminated alot of converation here, good, bad, or indifferent...there have been many photos posted here i would have commented on..

second that.

firedude likes this

Seth, I am not a fan of this new format either. Not allwoing us to comment on photos, is prohibiting this from being a forum. If you feel that the coments get out of control or get off topic then get more moderators to moderate the forum and keep the peace. Just my 2 Cents

I don't like it either. I enjoyed the discussions. It made for some good conversation.

I agree with all above posters. I think a lot can be learned from the pictures and in the discussion that follow. Having to start up a second thread (and being allowed to do so) does not stop the negative comments and only makes the process more cumbersom. I think that any inapporpriate comments should be moderated like in any other section.

Thanks for being open to our comments, BTW.

I'll gather my thoughts and try to get this figured out sometime this weekend. I'd like to hear from some more of the site photographers about this policy, and more members on how we could come up with a way for constructive discussion only.

We need more people posting photos. Incident and Apparatus photo threads were turning into mutli page threads, discouraging a lot of fire photographers from posting. We don't want anyone to be discouraged from posting based on the fear their photos will cause a conterversy.

Howeever, I also do agree that it's frusterating not to be able to compliment someone on their photo or ask a question directly, and very inconvienent.

Seth...just remember - a certain somebody (cough...cough...Billy Goldfedder) made a career out of Monday morning quarterbacking pictures.....