Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

International Flight(s) From the Westchester County Airport

40 posts in this topic

Parking will always be an issue for every airport. Unfortunately, HPN has very limited parking, and the prices (which are set by the third-party operator) are ridiculous. Quite honestly, it's a dead subject to me because there is no immediate answer and we'll just end up arguing in circles.

Edited by dwcfireman

Parking will always be an issue for every airport.

I never have a problem at JFK and even LGA is much better. And they do not run ads to not bring your car.

Parking will always be an issue for every airport. Unfortunately, HPN has very limited parking, and the prices (which are set by the third-party operator) are ridiculous. Quite honestly, it's a dead subject to me because there is no immediate answer and we'll just end up arguing in circles.

Barry's right. There are many airports that don't have the parking issues we do. Of course we're not going to be able to change it ourselves but it doesn't mean we can't talk about it. I mean, really, if we didn't talk about the things that are beyond our control there'd be about 9 threads on this board. :P

I never have a problem at JFK and even LGA is much better. And they do not run ads to not bring your car.

It may not be cheap but it is easy and conveient. EWR is no problem either and if you go to other states it gets even easier. DFW, LAS, MCO, PHX, all have well organized facilities for their travelers.

Westchester aside, I'll tell you, once you fly out of Stewart, you'll never want to travel into LGA/JFK/Newark again! It is, in my opinion, the best hidden secret. From parking your car, to sitting at your gate in 10 minutes, every time!

SageVigiles likes this

Westchester aside, I'll tell you, once you fly out of Stewart, you'll never want to travel into LGA/JFK/Newark again! It is, in my opinion, the best hidden secret. From parking your car, to sitting at your gate in 10 minutes, every time!

Agreed! Unfortunately it is too well kept a secret and they really scaled back the numbers of flights and destinations.

Never been to Victoria or Vancouver, I see. :D

no...only niagra and montreal

Stewart is my favorite airport ever. Its rarely, if ever crowded, there is plenty of parking, security lines are quick, the traffic pattern isn't confusing, its great. I used to live near there years ago and in the Pre-9/11 years we would go watch the C-5s and C-130s take off and land there. Alot of fun for a 10 year old.

I flew from Stewart to Orlando on Jet Blue 2 years ago with the wife and kids and I loved it.

Edited by TL2L31

I have never flown out of Stewart but I hear it is a great airport. Since the PANYNJ take over, they have been trying to really upgrade it so it would become a reliever for Newark, LaGuardia and Kennedy. However, I do not see how that will happen. Every flight they have from Stewart is also at Westchester.

The United States DOT has a great website for showing airport stats...

RITA Transtats : Stewart Airport

RITA Transtats : Westchester County Airport[

Edited by firedude