Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Out and About, Silver, Orange and Windy

21 posts in this topic

I wanted to wait till after the members from Tarrytown were laid to rest before I put up any pictures. These are from trips I took over the course of the summer. My earliest trip was LA County, Orange County, and Philly. The day after Philly, I headed up to Waterbury, CT to meet up with Rockland Fires and a number of other buffs for the Silver City Fire Fest. First off, big thanks to Mike Quinn for setting this up.

First stop, Waterbury Engine 7, followed by Engine 1, Truck 2, "Prime Mover" Rig donated by the state, Rescue 9, Engine 15 and a spare truck(Ex-Truck 3)

WTE-7.jpg

WTE-1-2.jpg

WTT-2.jpg

WTR-8.jpg

WTR-9-2.jpg

WTE-15.jpg

Spare3.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

Wolcott Vols...

WCB-1.jpg

WCE-2.jpg

WCT-3.jpg

WCE-4.jpg

Took a ride over to Enfield, and I definitely got schooled in Fire Truck Picture taking.

ER-1.jpg

EE-4.jpg

EE-2.jpg

More coming..

efdcapt115 likes this

Bradley Airport...

BCP-1.jpg

Crash10.jpg

Crash110.jpg

Crash12.jpg

Crash13.jpg

Crash14.jpg

You guys didn't think I wouldn't get some FDNY in, did ya???

Engine 273, Ladder 129, and the 20 Battalions new car, taken by the cell.

E-273.jpg

L-129.jpg

BN-20.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

Port Jervis, Engine 821, Hugenot Fire District. 813,814,812,811.

E-821.jpg

E-812.jpg

E-814.jpg

R-813.jpg

T-813.jpg

Back to Putnam in a bit..

With a little help from grumpyff(THANX DUDE!!!!) I was able to get everybody at Pattersons' main house. 22-2-1, 22-2-5, 22-3-2, 22-4-2, 22-5-1, and the new 22-6-1.

22-4-2.jpg

22-2-5.jpg

22-3-2.jpg

22-4-2-2.jpg

22-5-1-5.jpg

22-6-1-2.jpg

22-6-1Rear.jpg

22-6-1Plaque.jpg

22-7-1.jpg

22-3-1.jpg

Moving westbound momentarily..

Did a little roadtrip with the girlfriend and her son. First stop, Canton, OH, home of the football Hall of Fame. After soaking in the sights, I stopped at Canton, Engine 4. First in to the Hall.

CE-4.jpg

CM-4.jpg

The next day we went off to Chicago, not after a pitstop at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. PHOOEY!!! Can't take pictures, what's the point???

Fireboat Schlaeger, Engine 58..

Fireboat58.jpg

That was all I got for my first day. Then, the next day it was out and about for the day...Behold, SQUADZILLA!!!!! Actually Squad 7 at O'Hare.

SQ-7.jpg

Next stop, Engine 8 and Truck 4 in Chinatown. Never mind the Brunette. This is the house DeNiro came out of in Backdraft.

CFDE-8.jpg

CFDT-4.jpg

Next stop, Aerial Tower 1.

AT-1.jpg

Engine 42, Truck 3, and what I really wanted, Squad 1's Snorkel. If you remember my last trip through Chicago, the Rock Box broke down, so I was unable to get half of what I wanted to shoot. PS, the Rock Box has been retired, effective July 29th.

CFDE-42.jpg

CFDT-3.jpg

SQ-1A.jpg

A big thank you, again, to GrumpyFF, Mike Quinn, Brian, and anyone else who helped out. And for you Orange County folks. If you see me coming with the camera, ask me to bring a cake or something. Don't tell me there's a website I can look at. I'm taking pictures for my own collection and sharing with people. See ya on the next trip.

Edited by JBE
x635 likes this

great shots.....btw what is the rock box?

Great Shots, Especially Chicago. Was there many times over the years and photographed alot of their equipment.

Very friendly department.

Got me good on 22-2-1 Jimmy. I spent a minute trying to figure out what the hell that red pipe was sticking out of the cab, 'till the next shots showed it...

No photos at the R&R Hall of Fame? Are they afraid we'll all find out how old Mick Jagger really is? No secret, we can tell by looking at Keith Richards...

The Chicago fireboat/E-58, God love 'em, now that's unique....

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Thank you Mr. Pinto. Coming from you that's a hell of a compliment.

great shots.....btw what is the rock box?

Ahh the rock box, or as it is formally titled, "The Almighty Cavalier Rock Box!!!" was a 2003 Chevy Cavalier LS 4 door sedan, silver in color, that I purchased in 2004, prior to my promotion to Supervising Dispatcher. I bought it with 25,800 miles on it. Drove it for a little more than 6 years, racked up over 127,000 miles on it. That's 2 road trips to Florida and back. Another one to Chicago, from here to Missouri, then Arizona and back. A couple of times to Boston and Baltimore, and once or twice down around DC. Its' last hurrah was a cross country road trip that took me from here to Mount Rushmore, into Denver, Vegas, a weekend in LA, then four days in Arizona before ending up in Belmar, NJ. After the road trip I decided to retire it. I donated it to Kars 4 Kids, and I'm waiting for my receipt. It has been replaced by a 2009 Chevy Cobalt, also siver, but two door. That is "The Rock and Roll Express" as my nick name at work is Rock and Roll. PS the title Rock Box comes from the song Cadillac Rock Box, by Anthrax, off the Album "We've Come For You All" released in 2003.

How's that for an explanation??

Edited by JBE

Thank you Mr. Pinto. Coming from you that's a hell of a compliment.

Ahh the rock box, or as it is formally titled, "The Almighty Cavalier Rock Box!!!" was a 2003 Chevy Cavalier LS 4 door sedan, silver in color, that I purchased in 2004, prior to my promotion to Supervising Dispatcher. I bought it with 25,800 miles on it. Drove it for a little more than 6 years, racked up over 127,000 miles on it. That's 2 road trips to Florida and back. Another one to Chicago, from here to Missouri, then Arizona and back. A couple of times to Boston and Baltimore, and once or twice down around DC. Its' last hurrah was a cross country road trip that took me from here to Mount Rushmore, into Denver, Vegas, a weekend in LA, then four days in Arizona before ending up in Belmar, NJ. After the road trip I decided to retire it. I donated it to Kars 4 Kids, and I'm waiting for my receipt. It has been replaced by a 2009 Chevy Cobalt, also siver, but two door. That is "The Rock and Roll Express" as my nick name at work is Rock and Roll. PS the title Rock Box comes from the song Cadillac Rock Box, by Anthrax, off the Album "We've Come For You All" released in 2003.

How's that for an explanation??

Got it, thanks for the info, thought it was an apparatus or something...sorry for your loss...hope you enjoy the new ride.

great shots Jimmy...too bad you're not coming out for Vegas...

If I could afford it, and didn't have to work, since I seem to work my birthday more and more, I'd be there. You know I would.

Eli, ya shoulda reached out, I would have come along with you the other night.

Got me good on 22-2-1 Jimmy. I spent a minute trying to figure out what the hell that red pipe was sticking out of the cab, 'till the next shots showed it...

its the poor man's light tower, always park under a street light.

Hahaha

JBE, anytime. The pictures turned out great.