Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Former Westchester Apparatus

23 posts in this topic

Currently EMTBravo . com located apparatus that was used in Westchester and sold to other depts. Does your dept have a rig that can be found on the web ,,,and is it responding to alarms?

If you can email me any old rigs form Ardsley or any pics with Ardsley in them i will every thankful

I'm still trying to track down what happened to Ardsley Engine 165, the Mack CF, after Hartsdale sold it. I had heard it went to a department in the Youngstown, Ohio area. Maybe HFD211 could find out more?

Ardsley Engine 164, the 1970 Young, went to Monseraat FD, in the Carribean in 1992, and I beleive it is still serving there, if it didnt get covered in lava by the volcano explosion a couple years back.

i'll get back to you guys on where the old CF is...

Can anyone tell me where all the Mack C95's in the Cortlandt area went? Croton's Engine 119, Verplanck's E127, Montrose's E122?, Buchanan's E160? I miss them, please find them! Last I heard, when we sold our old C95 for $1501 it went out to Indiana. While on the topic, anyone know where our old Tanker 10 went after Pocantico Hills?

Speaking of Mack C fire trucks in Westchester.... lets have a moment of silence for the demise of the last in service Mack C in Westchester. A sad moment.

FORMER Mack C fire Engines that served in Westchester.

Verplank, Croton, Montrose, Buchanan, Goldens Bridge, Thornwood, Port Chester, North Tarrytown, and North White Plains each had Mack C pumpers. Chappaqua had a Mack C pumper and a quad, both from 1960 I believe. Larchmont had two Mack C pumpers, a 1958, and a 1969. Croton had a Mack C rescue truck, I think it was a 1963. I know New Rochelle had an open cab pumper, and I know Mount Vernon had a 1966 pumper, and Yonkers had at least one Mack C pumper. Am I missing any? Does anyone have any info on the where abouts of these trucks today? Too bad they are now all gone.... such a shame, they were so beautiful.

Know what? EmtBravo - we need bagpipes played at this forum for our long lost pals, the Mack "C".

If anybody has information or pics of previous Mohegan apparatus, please let me know!

Our Mack (E94) is still in service and the way were goin its gonna be around for another 10 years

CM36 said:

Greenvilles Old Ladder is up for sale right now by the Elizabethtown Fire department here is the link to the truck.

being replaced by a brand new Seagrave Tower Ladder that has striping of a NYC rig check it out.

Anchormen Wrestling ...Some Gave ALL, ALL Gave Some 9/11 FDNY

MOVED

To answer Remember585's question about Buchanan's old Mack (was actually 1st due, E161). I was at the firehouse last night talking with some people, some of whom have been around a long time. From what i was told, our old Mack was sold to a fire company somewhere in Florida. Well, someone had come to bring the rig to its new home, but unfortunately rolled the rig over several times, leaving it totalled! I believe the accident either occured in North Carolina or Florida, either way, he wasn't too far! There are some nice photos of this rig at parades and such around the firehouse, i will see if i can get my hands on one and scan it to share with all of you. But if you are ever in Buchanan Firehouse, walk around our meeting room and you can see the pictures!

F.Y.I. - The reason for the Mack being assigned E161...E161 was the designated number for our first due apparatus & E162 was our 2nd Engine, until 1998. In 1998, when our Sutphen arrived, we still had E162 (1969 GMC/Young) & E161 was the 1991 Pierce Lance. The Pierce was and still is our 1st due, so it became E160, the Sutphen became E161 (rescue pumper, 2nd due) & the GMC/Young stayed E162. E162 has since been sold to Peekskills Columbian Engine Co. (our sister company) to be used as thier Muster truck.

The Retired Ossining Hose Co. a Hahn pumper ,ENGINE 96 was driven to the great escape Camping Resort in the Lake George NY area were it will be used by the camp ground staff to extinguish camp fires ect...

MOHEGANS TWO 1976 WARD LA FRANCE/KME

WENT DOWN TO FLORIDA TO CONTINUE FRONT LINE SERVICE IN THE PALM COAST FIRE DEPARTMENT

ENG 256 RUNNING AS ENG 212

ENG 257 RUNNING AS ENG 222

For Sale : 1973 Mack CF600

75' aerial device

Automatic Transmission

Open Cab Rear Seating

(1) Transverse Compartment Under Turntable

(1) Transverse Compartment Under and (1) Transverse Compartment Over Rear of Ground Ladders

(1) 220v and (2) 110v Cord Reels

12kw Generator

Odometer Reads 28,412 Miles

$45,000

Found on KME website under used apparatus.

FORMER:

Fairview FD Greenburgh loaner Mack / Larchmont FD TL7 / Harrisburg PA

PHOTO on KME site

http://www.kovatch.com/Default.aspx?PageCo...tID=11&tabid=46

Port Chester Fire Dept.'s Former E-60 was donated 15 years ago when it was replaced, to a dept. in Alexandria NH. It was a '58 warde la france I beleive and is in service today as a tanker. The engine has over 47 years of service and still looks great.

The last I heard(about a month ago) the old E60(4-door Ward LaFrance) was for sale? Do you know about this Chris?

Our old Engine 120, a 1975 Ward LaFrance, currently is located at the Academy of Fire Science in Montour Falls.

Our old Ladder 44, a 1971 Maxim 100' mid-mount, is in service with the Upper Jay Fire Department in upstate NY.

Last I heard, our old Rescue 18, a 1963 Mack/something hard to spell, was on display at a museum in Maryland?

And our old Engine 118, a 1963 Maxim open-cab was junked.

Our old Engine 120, a 1975 Ward LaFrance, currently is located at the Academy of Fire Science in Montour Falls.

Our old Ladder 44, a 1971 Maxim 100' mid-mount, is in service with the Upper Jay Fire Department in upstate NY.

Last I heard, our old Rescue 18, a 1963 Mack/something hard to spell, was on display at a museum in Maryland?

And our old Engine 118, a 1963 Maxim open-cab was junked.

And I hear the oldest "antique" - Ex-chief Herman Hauprich, is somewhere below the Mason-Dixon Line!!!