Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

LED Emergency Lights

39 posts in this topic

Just thought share a pleasant experience I recently had involving purchasing LED Lights.

I have always been a fan of Whelen and have always purchased Whelen LED Lights. However, as everyone knows, these lights are quite expensive. I found a company that I am sure some people have heard of...Prestige Emergency Lights. These lights are much cheaper than Whelen lights and provide a nice alternative. I know there are a lot of companies out there making emergency LED lights but I feel for the price, Presitge is quite good. They offer grille lights, dash lights, four six and eight head sticks, a visor light, and a arrow stick. All of these are much cheaper than most companies. A nice feature is the color selection. These come in all colors and can have split patterns. No matter what pattern or color combination you chose, the cost is the same. All colors are in stock and ship quickly. I currently own two Blue/Clear PEL Dual Dash-deck LIN SLIM light. These lights are quite bright and look identical to the Whelen Slimlighter. The brightness of the lights might be a little less impressive than Whelen but most people do not even notice a difference. The lights have plenty of pattern to choose from via push button on the back of the unit. this light goes for $76.95 while a Whelen Slimlighter goes for close to $200! All lights come with a 6 year warranty. Recently I had a minor problem with one of my units so I returned it and received a replacement very quickly.

The customer service is quite good. I have never waited more than an hour or two to have an email answered. Prestige also sells other brand lights such as Whelen, etc. You can create an sellers account with them as well.

For people looking for lights, I strongly recommend considering Prestige.

**Also, lights can be returned for a full refund within a certain time limit if you are not 100% satisfied...worth giving a try if you ask me!**

Just thought share a pleasant experience I recently had involving purchasing LED Lights.

I have always been a fan of Whelen and have always purchased Whelen LED Lights. However, as everyone knows, these lights are quite expensive. I found a company that I am sure some people have heard of...Prestige Emergency Lights. These lights are much cheaper than Whelen lights and provide a nice alternative. I know there are a lot of companies out there making emergency LED lights but I feel for the price, Presitge is quite good. They offer grille lights, dash lights, four six and eight head sticks, a visor light, and a arrow stick. All of these are much cheaper than most companies. A nice feature is the color selection. These come in all colors and can have split patterns. No matter what pattern or color combination you chose, the cost is the same. All colors are in stock and ship quickly. I currently own two Blue/Clear PEL Dual Dash-deck LIN SLIM light. These lights are quite bright and look identical to the Whelen Slimlighter. The brightness of the lights might be a little less impressive than Whelen but most people do not even notice a difference. The lights have plenty of pattern to choose from via push button on the back of the unit. this light goes for $76.95 while a Whelen Slimlighter goes for close to $200! All lights come with a 6 year warranty. Recently I had a minor problem with one of my units so I returned it and received a replacement very quickly.

The customer service is quite good. I have never waited more than an hour or two to have an email answered. Prestige also sells other brand lights such as Whelen, etc. You can create an sellers account with them as well.

For people looking for lights, I strongly recommend considering Prestige.

**Also, lights can be returned for a full refund within a certain time limit if you are not 100% satisfied...worth giving a try if you ask me!**

Are they made in the US?

I will have to check. If you feel like it shoot them an email and they will answer you then let us know. On a different note, they are located and ship from Brooklyn, NY.

I will say that they are a great company. After being told about them, I found what I wanted and it was cheap too. They are great quality for less price.

They are knock offs of Whelen lights and are made in China, not the US.

they are also noticeably dimmer then other LED's. One member of my Dept. have them and I was thinking about ordering some until I saw his light on and could barely see it during the day.

they are also noticeably dimmer then other LED's. One member of my Dept. have them and I was thinking about ordering some until I saw his light on and could barely see it during the day.

They are a little dimmer than Whelen's but they are a lot cheaper in cost. I have never had an issue during the day responding. People always seem to move out of the way as soon as they see my car. Both the blue and the clear seem to be visible. they are also behind the stock tint stripe across the top of my windshield. I have not noticed less of a response by the public when responding in comparison to my blue Whelen lights.

People will always have there opinions about lights. I am not saying Prestige lights are the best by any means but they are cheap and do a great job of moving traffic.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

I really only use my one dash light at night when I am responding at home, it is a whelen, but I am considering buying two of the quad lights and placing them in the rear of my car... they are cheap. great deal...

What you gain from the price, you lack in quality.

...............and jobs for other Americans.

I find it completely amazing how many flag waving Americans (and Firefighters) can turn their backs on this country and its workers to save a couple of bucks.

Whelen prides itself on Designing and MANUFACTURING all of its products in the United States of America. These other companies take Whelen's designs, knock them off in China, and export them here for a percentage of the price.

Sure a Whelen product costs a few bucks more but the quality and performance is significantly better and you are keeping US workers at work supporting our country. Why is that so easy to forget??

And also don't forget that a huge majority of workers at Whelen's facilities are volunteer Firefighters and EMS just like us, including all of the people who run the company. So BROTHERS, lets keep our fellow BROTHERS at work and remember to buy AMERICAN!!!!!

helicopper and 64FFMJK like this

This may have been brought up once or twice before... and I may be wrong but I was under the impression that clear (white) lights are not an approved "color" for a "warning" display on non-emergency vehicles.

NYS VAT § 375. Equipment. 41-4

\" 4. Blue light. a. One blue light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned by a volunteer member of a fire department ......

I don't know how other manufacturers are, but when I bought my Slim-Miser, it came with a wrong bracket. I called Whelen that day and the part was there the next morning, Whelen has always been a superior light company from what I have seen in performance, quality, and customer service reliability. Same goes for the amber slim lighter I use in the back window of my truck.

I don't know how other manufacturers are, but when I bought my Slim-Miser, it came with a wrong bracket. I called Whelen that day and the part was there the next morning, Whelen has always been a superior light company from what I have seen in performance, quality, and customer service reliability. Same goes for the amber slim lighter I use in the back window of my truck.

I too have a slim miser and also 2 TIR3G's and agree that Whelen is a great company and has exceptional lights and proved outstanding customer service.

I also loved my Whelen Dual Talons (which I no longer have)

This may have been brought up once or twice before... and I may be wrong but I was under the impression that clear (white) lights are not an approved "color" for a "warning" display on non-emergency vehicles.

I thought that clear meant nothing and a vehicle could have clear lights facing in any direction but they mean nothing. It is simply chosen out of taste. I could be completely wrong though.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

...............and jobs for other Americans.

I find it completely amazing how many flag waving Americans (and Firefighters) can turn their backs on this country and its workers to save a couple of bucks.

Whelen prides itself on Designing and MANUFACTURING all of its products in the United States of America. These other companies take Whelen's designs, knock them off in China, and export them here for a percentage of the price.

Sure a Whelen product costs a few bucks more but the quality and performance is significantly better and you are keeping US workers at work supporting our country. Why is that so easy to forget??

And also don't forget that a huge majority of workers at Whelen's facilities are volunteer Firefighters and EMS just like us, including all of the people who run the company. So BROTHERS, lets keep our fellow BROTHERS at work and remember to buy AMERICAN!!!!!

I was not trying to take jobs away from Americans by starting this thread. I was just informing people of a product that can be purchased as an alternative for whatever reason...financial...preference...ect. Trust me I have been very loyal to Whelen. I have bought many of their products and have gotten many people to do the same. If I had the money at the time that I outfitted my car, I would have gone with Whelen in a heart beat but.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

one place i like is https://www.speedtechlights.com/ i have 2 of the sleek 6 and a bunch of other lights one on top of my windshild and one on top of the back window of my jeep they are i think the brightest lights out i have my back window blacked out and when its on day or night its bright i have them in blue/white and on the back i have it in yellow and red and it has 35 patterns and can be used as a arrow stick im on main roads alot and the light is very usefull as just a light or arrow stick and the prices are good

I too have a slim miser and also 2 TIR3G's and agree that Whelen is a great company and has exceptional lights and proved outstanding customer service.

I thought that clear meant nothing and a vehicle could have clear lights facing in any direction but they mean nothing. It is simply chosen out of taste. I could be completely wrong though.

i think its blue and only blue but where i am alot of are guys run blue and white and have no prob. with it the cops dont mind hell alot of times they block people at a light and let us go throw it i had a cop tell me to follow him from 2 towns over to go to a call once when we got there he ask me where i got all my lights from i had more then his cop car and the white gets people looking alot of people just see blue throw a diff. color in there and one it looks better and it grabs there eyes more i think

one place i like is https://www.speedtechlights.com/ i have 2 of the sleek 6 and a bunch of other lights one on top of my windshild and one on top of the back window of my jeep they are i think the brightest lights out i have my back window blacked out and when its on day or night its bright i have them in blue/white and on the back i have it in yellow and red and it has 35 patterns and can be used as a arrow stick im on main roads alot and the light is very usefull as just a light or arrow stick and the prices are good

One of my buddies uses Speedtech Lights. they are very good lights. One of his lights came with a LED that did not work. Besides that they seem to be great lights.

One of my buddies uses Speedtech Lights. they are very good lights. One of his lights came with a LED that did not work. Besides that they seem to be great lights.

STL are garbage. Go onto http://www.elightbars.org/ and post this claim. You will be laughed out of the forums.

In all seriousness, one in a dozen people who use these items are pleased with their quality, performance, and/or tech support. When you have an issue, try to get them replaced. You will be lucky if they ever even reply to you, let alone if you get your matter resolved.

I use a company called Sirennet, made in America http://www.sirennet.com/

here is my dash light: (red/white)

http://www.sirennet.com/soel3h04a0.html

grill lights (red) x 4

http://www.sirennet.com/gl3.html

I have purchased several items from Sirennet.com over the past several years, and always pleased with the service, and pricing I get from them.

If I am correct, white may only be used as a secondary color to either blue or red.

There is a great website, called "PolicePosers.com" that has a page where you can check light laws from around the US.

Check it out here.

If I am correct, white may only be used as a secondary color to either blue or red.

There is a great website, called "PolicePosers.com" that has a page where you can check light laws from around the US.

Check it out here.

Why dont you just check the NYS emergency vehicle VTL.

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/pdf/srgvat.pdf

Section 375. Equipment.

41. Colored and flashing lights. The provisions of this subdivision shall govern the affixing and display of

lights on vehicles, other than those lights required by law.

1. No light, other than a white light, and no revolving rotating, flashing, oscillating or constantly

moving white shall be affixed to, or displayed on any vehicle except as prescribed herein.

2. Red lights and certain white lights. One or more red or combination red and white lights or

white light which must be revolving, rotating, flashing or oscillating or constantly moving light, may

be affixed to an authorized emergency vehicle, and such lights may be displayed on an authorized

emergency vehicle when such vehicle is engaged in an emergency operation, and upon a fire vehicle

while returning from an alarm of fire or other emergency.

It is ambiguous, a chief I spoke to said yes it is legal to have blue and white in NYS, but this makes that statement seem untrue. Not that any police officer or trooper I have ever passed responding to the FD in my POV has cared.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Not another light color dispute...

all in all, I have a whelen dash light in the front, I have used their lights for several years... But I would like to have two of those cheap Four light head units in the rear of my car...

If I buy them, I will post a review of some sort...

PS...

MODS: how about a equipment review section?

Check it out here.

Why dont you just check the NYS emergency vehicle VTL.

http://www.health.st.../pdf/srgvat.pdf

1. No light, other than a white light, and no revolving rotating, flashing, oscillating or constantly

moving white shall be affixed to, or displayed on any vehicle except as prescribed herein.

It is ambiguous, a chief I spoke to said yes it is legal to have blue and white in NYS, but this makes that statement seem untrue. Not that any police officer or trooper I have ever passed responding to the FD in my POV has cared.

This is a little confusing if you ask me. Is it saying that this law does not apply to white lights?

Not another light color dispute...

PS...

MODS: how about a equipment review section?

This is a very good idea!

I wasn't trying to generate yet another discussion on light colors permitted on POV's.

NYS V&T law is clear on this, and there is no ambiguity: no white, and no red, is permitted for use on non-emergency vehicles.

Anyone in violation can be ticketed. That is all.

An equipment review forum sounds like a good idea. We'll look into it!

All the knockoff lights out there generally suck. The money you save buying the knockoffs will turn out to later be a waste when they stop working.

Stick with Whelen, Federal Signal, Code 3, Sound Off or Axixtech. You will only spend the money once.

If you want information on real (bright and reliable) lights, check out elightbars.org.

I know the NYS law applies to the front of POV's, but what about the back? Can you have rear facing red or blue lights?

I know the NYS law applies to the front of POV's, but what about the back? Can you have rear facing red or blue lights?

The law is clear only one blue front, back, side, roof etc.

I know the NYS law applies to the front of POV's, but what about the back?

The V&T law says "affixed" and there is nothing regarding orientation, front, side, or rear facing.

Can you have rear facing red or blue lights?

On a POV, the answer is no, however anyone can do whatever they want, and run the risk of being ticketed.

All the knockoff lights out there generally suck. The money you save buying the knockoffs will turn out to later be a waste when they stop working.

Stick with Whelen, Federal Signal, Code 3, Sound Off or Axixtech. You will only spend the money once.

If you want information on real (bright and reliable) lights, check out elightbars.org.

As FDNY 10-75 stated above, check out Elightbars.org for reviews and forums regarding lighting, installs and all sorts of vehicle accessories. From a review on this site I purchased my LED dashlight from Whacker Technologies. The reviews about this Company on Elightbars have always been exceptional. Their products come with a five year warranty, and the LED light I have can easily rival the Whelen products at a substantial savings.