Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjpinto

Mount Kisco's New Tower Ladder 14

14 posts in this topic

Looks sharp! I love the SPH100.

Great pic of the truck. The hooks have put some great features into this new truck and the new SPH100 works so well for them and our district. Great job Hooks members and truck committee truck looks great! Good luck and enjoy, can't wait to see it in service.

Any info on its arrival date?

It has been in town for about a month now. Just not in service yet because it had to get all the odds and ends puto onto the truck but i believe it is ready for service any day now. Myself and E106MKFD got a chance to ride in it when it arrived and it is a beautiful truck. Very well thought out truck that will serve this town very well in the future. Great Job to the Hooks on a great Truck. Cont wait to see the roto ray rippin' while responding to a call either!

Nice looking Truck! :)

X635, I forgot how much you loved the Sutphen aerial towers. Once I saw your post it made me remember the pictures I had posted of some from the Mid Cities here in D/FW on the ol' board.

X635, I forgot how much you loved the Sutphen aerial towers.

It's mainly because I have no Aerialscope's or even midmounts to love down here, lol! Thanks Seagrave for never sending a demo...some firefighters don't even know about Aerialscopes! Sutphen has really improved in recent years and the SPH100 is a shining example of that. And Sutphen's loyal and repeat customers says a lot. Do you guys have Sutphens in DFW?

It's mainly because I have no Aerialscope's or even midmounts to love down here, lol! Thanks Seagrave for never sending a demo...some firefighters don't even know about Aerialscopes! Sutphen has really improved in recent years and the SPH100 is a shining example of that. And Sutphen's loyal and repeat customers says a lot. Do you guys have Sutphens in DFW?

Seth, yes we have Sutphens. Grand Prairie, Bedford, and Euless have some aerial towers. Southlake has one, and Coppell did, but I believe they're all Pierce now. Seagrave for what ever reason is not popular in Texas anymore. Borger, Texas up in the Panhandle has the only Seagrave MII that I know of in the whole state. Bridgeport which is about 45 minutes from me has a Aerialscope.

How does a sutphen SPH 100 compare to an aerialscope?

Nice rig! Good luck with it Union H&L, Mt. Kisco FD!

No Comparison like HME vs Pierce or a BB Gun vs 50 cal.

Caught the old Tower Ladder 14 behind quarters today. It looked like it may have had its ground ladders and boom certified. Still sharp looking for a 1991 Sutphen.

post-917-0-52653000-1300939787.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

Seth, yes we have Sutphens. Grand Prairie, Bedford, and Euless have some aerial towers. Southlake has one, and Coppell did, but I believe they're all Pierce now. Seagrave for what ever reason is not popular in Texas anymore. Borger, Texas up in the Panhandle has the only Seagrave MII that I know of in the whole state. Bridgeport which is about 45 minutes from me has a Aerialscope.

I didn't know Bridgeport has a scope. I thought Justin did, but they sold it.

I didn't know Bridgeport has a scope. I thought Justin did, but they sold it.

Jake, that is correct. Justin use to have a Scope on a Mack CF, but got rid of it a few years ago. Bridgeport's Scope is a burgundy color red. It's not brand new, it appears to be about a mid 90's-2000 model Seagrave. I don't have a photo of it. I saw it at the scene of a MVA as I was passing through about a year ago.