Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

Mayor Wants To Ban Term "Firefighter"

12 posts in this topic

Are you kidding me..."flame-reducers"..."fire-dousers".....Really?

POYET SPRINGS, Calif. — A mayor has sparked outrage by proposing the city's fire department drop the name "firefighter" to describe members, claiming the term "fighter" has negative connotations.

Mayor Shirley U. Jest says there are a number of more politically correct terms that would better reflect the role of fire department members in the 21st century.

Fire Rescue 1

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Call me whatever...just reflect it in my pay and don't be late on it every 2 weeks.

Jybehofd and JJB531 like this

I think the name should be changed to "Fire Tetrahedron Interrupters" or " FTI's

I believe Mayor Shirley "Surely" U. Jest is in fact kidding you.

That's freaking epic... well done.. i was ready to drive there and beat this mayor

That's freaking epic... well done.. i was ready to drive there and beat this mayor

Well done is right! laugh.gif

Another benefit, she said, is the name change could mean the fire department moves away from the "A-type" personalities it typically attracts.

There's plenty of other letters in the alphabet, so why are fire departments always filled with the same personality-types?" Mayor Jest said.

"I actually prefer to avoid appointing A-types to my office. They can be a little loud and too action-oriented. With the quieter types, it allows me to sit in my office and come up with ideas to make this city better without being bothered with annoyances like inadequate staffing and equipment."

Hysterical. This one is very well written!

The mere fact that it went viral amongst the fire service online community only adds to it's epicness.

It doesn't say much for the reporters who didn't check to see that the city doesn't exist and the mayors name is SHIRLEY U. JEST ...... "I am serious and don't call me shirley "

RescueKujo likes this