Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FDNY 10-75

Some more FDNY apparatus...

88 posts in this topic

What kind of training will the Mobile Training Vehicle support?

It supports forcible entry, mask confidence & bailout. There is a forcible entry door, a wire cage two level maze and a bailout simulator on the roof. At least on the version I saw at Indy last year which if my memory stands correct was the Staten Island boro sponsored one.

It looks as though that dump truck is actually a skid unit with a dump body on it. Does it haul other skid units as well?

Edited by osufire90

It supports forcible entry, mask confidence & bailout. There is a forcible entry door, a wire cage two level maze and a bailout simulator on the roof. At least on the version I saw at Indy last year which if my memory stands correct was the Staten Island boro sponsored one.

Pretty much got it! Although this one was purchased by the Manhattan Borough president. The purpose of these units is to make some basic essential skills training more readily available to Co's that are far from "The Rock". Training is generally conducted at "The Rock" at 10am, 1pm and 7pm. If you have to get to "The Rock" from Staten Island or Far Rockaway, ect...you can"t help but hit traffic in at least one direction at any of those times. It's hardly acceptable to have a company O.O.S. for 5 or 6 hours because they spent 2 hours training and the rest sitting on the BQE and the Verizano. That is why they have all of these mobile training units.

What are the Tactical Training Support ant Technical Rescue School vehicles?

Also, do they respond to scenes, hence the red lights?

What are the Tactical Training Support ant Technical Rescue School vehicles?

Also, do they respond to scenes, hence the red lights?

Not sure about Tac Training Support, but I'm sure it's pretty much like it sounds. As for Rescue School, this is the series of classes attended by members who transfer to Squad and Rescue Co's. The vehicle carries training equipment.

Why the lights? No they're not intended to respond to emergencies, but that vehicle may very well have served another purpose prior to serving in it's present capacity. They're pretty multi-purpose vehicles.

Not sure about Tac Training Support, but I'm sure it's pretty much like it sounds. As for Rescue School, this is the series of classes attended by members who transfer to Squad and Rescue Co's. The vehicle carries training equipment.

Why the lights? No they're not intended to respond to emergencies, but that vehicle may very well have served another purpose prior to serving in it's present capacity. They're pretty multi-purpose vehicles.

M'Ave- I'm retired and you are not, so I defer to your up-to-date knowledge. As far as the tactical training unit, I think they go to visit/train the 25 SSL (Soc support ladder) companies throughout the city. For others on this site, the SSL companies assist the SOC units (rescues/squads) at emergecy ops- haz-mat;decon;confined space;trench coll;bldg. coll;entrapment;,etc. They may be special-called to a scene to start SOC ops if assigned rescue/squad are not available, pending arrival of out-of-borough units. They respond w/ their ladder app. and a second smaller utility truck ,the RRV (rapid response vehicle). The RRV carries some technical rope gear;meters;tripod for vertical removals;hand tools;etc. The RRV's can be put in service as a stand-alone unit during major emergency/heavy alarm activity (power blackouts;hurricane/tornado/snowstorm)- they would handle wires down;trees down;water conditions,etc

M' Ave likes this

M'Ave- I'm retired and you are not, so I defer to your up-to-date knowledge. As far as the tactical training unit, I think they go to visit/train the 25 SSL (Soc support ladder) companies throughout the city. For others on this site, the SSL companies assist the SOC units (rescues/squads) at emergecy ops- haz-mat;decon;confined space;trench coll;bldg. coll;entrapment;,etc. They may be special-called to a scene to start SOC ops if assigned rescue/squad are not available, pending arrival of out-of-borough units. They respond w/ their ladder app. and a second smaller utility truck ,the RRV (rapid response vehicle). The RRV carries some technical rope gear;meters;tripod for vertical removals;hand tools;etc. The RRV's can be put in service as a stand-alone unit during major emergency/heavy alarm activity (power blackouts;hurricane/tornado/snowstorm)- they would handle wires down;trees down;water conditions,etc

Sounds right to me. Some stuff I was not aware of. Thanks!

DSC_5597.jpg

Rescue 1

Reminds me of the NYPD ESU Trucks, that you don't see all that much anymore.

Reminds me of the NYPD ESU Trucks, that you don't see all that much anymore.

It does have a very boxy look, like the larger ESU ESS trucks. Those larger ESU rigs do respond, often even to motor vehicle accidents. I don't know what the response protocol is for them. Sometimes we see them on accidents and sometimes you only see the smaller rigs.

The larger units are Mack MR chassis with a single axle rear end.

*Note, the current Rig assigned to R1 will be replaced within the next 6 months. I'm sure it's bound for the spare pool.

Edited by M' Ave