This Rearmount is assigned to the BOT - 1991 Seagrave - SL 9117D

DSC_5508.jpg

Mobile mask confidence bus - 1990 GMC - Ex-MTA

DSC_5511.jpg

MSU 4 - 2000 International/Hackney - IM00027

I spent my Saturday at the Rock and chased a few fires, here is what I shot:

DSC_5620.jpg

FDNY Command Tactical Vehicle 2

Anyone know what this unit carries and its roll?

Thanks

Anyone know what this unit carries and its roll?

Thanks

The Command Tactical vehicle responds on multiple alarms w/ a firefighter. His/her job is to provide a "real-time" video feed to FDOC (Fire Dept Operations Center) in Headqtrs, as well as to provide video tape to reviewed at a later time. The aim in the future is to have a live video feed at the Command Post for the IC to view. The firefighter is mobile, covering views of the fire/emergency from exposure rooftops (higher bldgs) or adjoining yards.

Also,in the future, a live video feed from the ARC Battalion (Air recon Chief) in the NYPD helicopter can be fed from the CTV to the IC.

Looks like someone missed the "DO NOT BLOCK" on that box for the FDNY Conveyor. What is that anyway?

Great shots! Are the mask service trucks equipped with a cascade system?

great photos!!! i gotta say i just love R-1. nice shots eli!!!!

Great shots, I'm just beginning to get into fire related photography but have been a self photographer for about 5 years now.

The Command Tactical vehicle responds on multiple alarms w/ a firefighter. His/her job is to provide a "real-time" video feed to FDOC (Fire Dept Operations Center) in Headqtrs, as well as to provide video tape to reviewed at a later time. The aim in the future is to have a live video feed at the Command Post for the IC to view. The firefighter is mobile, covering views of the fire/emergency from exposure rooftops (higher bldgs) or adjoining yards.

Also,in the future, a live video feed from the ARC Battalion (Air recon Chief) in the NYPD helicopter can be fed from the CTV to the IC.

The CTU is staffed with a fireman and an officer. The officer does, at this time, set-up a lap-top at the command post for real time images of exposure 3 and the roof. The IC will ask the officer from CTU to direct his fireman, (sometimes 2 firemen) to move and set-up cameras in areas that he feels he needs to see.

Great shots! Are the mask service trucks equipped with a cascade system?

None of the 3 MSU rigs have a cascade unit. No need. Every rig has 2 cylinders per mask and if a job goes to a 3rd alarm, an MSU rig will show up at the scene and exchange cylinders. Those MSU rigs carry hundreds of them. The 3 MSU rigs spend most of their time making rounds to a firehouse in each battalion that is the depot for mask and O2 cylinders. They bring full cylinders and head back to MSU with the empties. They'll get filled on one of the 4 or 5 filling stations that handle 10 or 12 cylinders at a time.

Each company exchanges cylinders at this designated firehouse within the same battalion. We end up exchanging them quite often, mostly because each mask does get turned on and check twice daily, and as soon as the needle reads towards the low end of the green, out it comes.

Edited by M' Ave

DSC_5533.jpg

Reserve Engine 525 - 1998 Seagrave - 1000/500 - Ex E216 - SP 98009

DSC_5532.jpg

BOT - 2000 Seagrave - 2000/500 - Ex-E159 - SP 00022

DSC_5472.jpg

BOT - 2000 Seagrave/AerialScope 75' - Ex TL45 - ST 00008