Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Pleasantville Police Officer named Officer of the Year

39 posts in this topic

I guess the Henry family need to learn a little adage "Live my the sword, die by the sword". In all the hollering they seem to have forgotten that their son tried to run down a police officer, as well as drunk and disorderly. Kid ran down a cop. Sorry that's not racial profiling, that's not a cop over reacting, that what the situation warranted. If a PO says please step out of the car or please let me see your ID or any of a hundred other things that can be asked , YOU DO IT! Also if you are so dumb that you keep driving with a cop on your hood, well I am guessing the cure for cancer didn't die in that car. It sucks but well that's how the game is played.

Congrats to Officer Hess for his award. He earned it. What if this was a guy who had just ran though a road block and was not listening to any instructions. Cop ends up on the hood and try's to stop him. Cops drops the perp, he would be a hero and would get his medal, no argument. But because in the Hess case the perp was some dumb kid who was trying to kill a cop, he gets treated like a criminal himself?

I guess I reached my Rep quote for the day, but...

+1 Rep

Covered.

Congratulations to Officer Hess, on receiving this prestigious award from his colleagues, well deserved, I might add.

Regarding the expected (over)reaction and orchestrated response from the Henry family, que sera sera.

Let me go way out on a limb, here, if I may... I often wonder...

if anything would have wound up any differently in regards to this entire incident, if the police officers involved with the shooting , were black? Or the alleged assailant, white?

I'm going to go out even further... I bet nobody involved in this is going to be having a cold beer with President Obama, anytime soon.

if anything would have wound up any differently in regards to this entire incident, if the police officers involved with the shooting , were black? Or the alleged assailant, white?

I'm going to go out even further... I bet nobody involved in this is going to be having a cold beer with President Obama, anytime soon.

that i will definately agree with

Congratulations to Officer Hess, on receiving this prestigious award from his colleagues, well deserved, I might add.

Regarding the expected (over)reaction and orchestrated response from the Henry family, que sera sera.

Not to defend the Henrys, but I do recall reading that Rev Sharpton did try to make a stink about this one, but ultimately left because the Henrys weren't willing to cooperate with his making this into a race issue. I can't cite a source, but I do recall reading it. Again, this is not to defend the Henrys and their character assassination on the officers involved.

White, black, green, purple, drunk, fat, stupid, yellow, tall, covered in feces... what ever you are, it does not matter. You try and hit a Police Officer with a vehicle, you are a threat to lives and you will be neutralized.

Not to defend the Henrys, but I do recall reading that Rev Sharpton did try to make a stink about this one, but ultimately left because the Henrys weren't willing to cooperate with his making this into a race issue. I can't cite a source, but I do recall reading it. Again, this is not to defend the Henrys and their character assassination on the officers involved.

Didn't try to make a race issue out of it? Are you serious?!?!?!? I watched them in an interview say, in no uncertain terms, that if their son was white, he would not have been shot.

PFDRes47cue likes this

Poll

Feel free to vote

I disagree with the PBA, but still support Hess.

Edited by EMSer