Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

FDNY Marine 1 - the "343"

8 posts in this topic

finally was able to grab some shots of it, i was just hanging around with friends at the north cove marina when i noticed come around governours island.

post-18231-0-01591700-1304863042.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

There is an article in todays 6/10 Daily News about how much trouble they have had with it!

There is an article in todays 6/10 Daily News about how much trouble they have had with it!

link to your reference...

NY Daily News

They forgot to mention a broken window in the pilot house.

I used to work for a shipbuilder. Anytime you build a large custom vessel, you have issues. They are very complex and unique to the point that no amount of sea-trials can shake out every issue. They are early in their career and some problems will pop-up. As long as the builder covers the costs associated with repairs, nothing to worry about.

As for guys grumbling, well, there may be some legitimate issues. However, firemen hate new stuff. That's how it is and will always be. It'll become more comfortable over time. I don't work in the Marine Unit, but that's a general observation. I have to call myself out too! New things often suck, but sometimes they're better and we still have a hard time adjusting.

FFBlaser likes this

One of the new fireboats was in New London's shipyard getting some work done last month I think.

One of the new fireboats was in New London's shipyard getting some work done last month I think.

343 was there ! This was the first day of service Sept 10 20010 taken from my boat at Navy yard

post-289-0-55797800-1305225169.jpg