Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

x635's Westchester Photo Hunt 7-21-11

20 posts in this topic

This past week, I was in NY/NJ for a family reunion in NJ. On Thursday, July 21st, I had the opportunity to take a photo hunt in Westchester County and a brief sweep through NYC. I managed to get all photos within 10 hours, yet there was so much I wanted to photograph, I ended up missing out on a lot of apparatus I wanted to shoot and friends I wanted to visit. I apologize for no captions on the photos, too tired, if you have a question just ask. Hope you enjoy these photos (at the following link)

x635's Westchester Photo Hunt:

http://www.emtbravo.com/x635photohunts/westco0711.html

post-11-0-84862700-1311780121.jpg

For 60 more photos from this photo hunt, visit:

http://www.emtbravo.com/x635photohunts/westco0711.html

Great Photos Seth!!! I'm amazed with where you went and what you did in just 10 hours. Great Job! Did you bring your HomePatrol Scanner with you?

Edited by firedude

Whats the deal with the stuffed deer next to the FDMV TL? That thing is HIDEOUS....but I like it! LOL

Great shots again seth! Hope you enjoyed your visit to sunny NY.

Sorry I missed you when you swung by 60 Control.

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

One question, what firehouse is that with the Truck Co. 1 and Engine Co. 1?

Sorry I missed you when you swung by 60 Control.

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

One question, what firehouse is that with the Truck Co. 1 and Engine Co. 1?

Thanks!

It would be fo-sheezy if you were there.

Pelham Manor. It's also their Village Hall, Police Station, DPW Yard, and home to 38-M-1.

I went because I wanted to get some shots of their new Tower Ladder, but I didn't realize it was stacked behind the Engines, and it was around lunchtime so I didn't want to bother them. And Darien's was out for service.

Great Photos Seth!!! I'm amazed with where you went and what you did in just 10 hours. Great Job! Did you bring your HomePatrol Scanner with you?

Thanks, Kyle. It's all photos, all day. No stopping to eat, no stopping for bathroom breaks. I didn't bring my HomePatrol. I borrowed my brother-in-laws car for that one day only, so I didn't feel like getting it all set up for that short amount of time. Got in late Wednesday night, had Thursday to shoot, and to the beach early on Friday. I ran out of time and missed the department I wanted to shoot most and Past Chief I wanted to visit with....Yorktown. And I was staying only a few blocks from their Station 2.

The DEER?

I have absolutely no idea. I found it that way. Maybe one of our Mount Vernon members could let us in on it?

x129K likes this

MT Vernon ER - I take it you nose in now and use the ramp as opposed to backing in?

The ER bay there is a mess... I usually nose in just like that... The only problem with that is getting out!!

MT Vernon ER - I take it you nose in now and use the ramp as opposed to backing in?

It's because of the "new" stretchers. No more rolling out then lifting. I miss those lightweight aluminum Fernos.

I know one of us Empress people from that time has a photo of several Empress trucks and a Supervisor clogging the bay. However, A-1 was never supposed to be blocked in.

Oh, and yes that is the old Grasslands Fire Brigade Engine that's sitting in the lot of a parking lot maintaience company.

It's sad that they got rid of that....I'm sure a lot of departments could have put that to good use. Parking garages, brush fires, long driveways, limited manpower first outs, etc...

Was there a mechanical problem? Was it declared surplus when they got that old yellow engine?

Oh, and yes that is the old Grasslands Fire Brigade Engine that's sitting in the lot of a parking lot maintaience company.

It's sad that they got rid of that....I'm sure a lot of departments could have put that to good use. Parking garages, brush fires, long driveways, limited manpower first outs, etc...

Was there a mechanical problem? Was it declared surplus when they got that old yellow engine?

I'm sure there was a reason they auctioned it of, rather then donating it or selling it. But like all of the county's CVPIs, they are used for parts and then sold in a "does not start or run" condition. I agree, it could have been used by another departmnet. That old yellow engine your talking about it Rye FD's ex 194. It is only used at the FTC and does not do responses with Grasslands FD. I'm hearing they love the top-mount over there.

Edited by firedude

Just a couple of bonus shots:

Ardsley Car 97 from the back angle:

post-11-0-44567100-1312069014.jpg

Local 1586 Promotional vehicle:

post-11-0-97072700-1312069091.jpg

County PD Command Unit:

post-11-0-64704200-1312069267.jpg

firedude likes this

County PD Command Unit:

post-11-0-64704200-1312069267.jpg

It looks like this unit is being housed in the DES Support Services Building. Is the consolidation of DES and DPS moving forward?

It looks like this unit is being housed in the DES Support Services Building. Is the consolidation of DES and DPS moving forward?

No. It is housed there because it is the best place for the truck right now. Ideally, it should be kept inside, and this is close to WCPD headquarters and centrally located in the County.

Great mix of shots Seth! Ending with the little one is priceless! Hope all is well. Hoping you would have got to Norwalk to shoot the new tiller...oh well, maybe next trip!

JVC

Thanks, Joe! I would have loved to get up that way to photograph the new Rescue and TIller, and Darien's Aerialscope, but the logisitics didn't work out. Hopefully next time I'm up I can make my way up...really want to see the tiller in person as well.

And I agree....she is priceless!

x129K likes this