Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Wassaic's Proposed New Engine voted down by the voters

10 posts in this topic

I guess it is a sign of the times, our proposed new engine was voted down last week by the registered voters of the Wassaic Fire District by 6 votes. We will try and get it to vote again as our "attack" engine is out of service permanently (bad booster tank) as voted by the fire commissioners. We are not to confident that it will happen (getting a re-vote). :(

Signman and myself have spent the last 2 years working on this project and we felt we presented a very well thought out rig that would serve our fire district well for many many years but a few others had an agenda and made sure it failed, sad day in our history for sure.

Sorry to hear this, any back up plan?

Sorry to hear this, any back up plan?

Mark we shall see what the district's plan is at the fire district meeting on August 10th.

Mark, I truly saw all the hard work and dedication that you and signman put into this truck. Its a shame that it did not pass. We will just have to keep our fingers crossed because it will be a different outcome if it comes to a re-vote. Trust me!

markmets415 likes this

You gotta be kidding me. That truly is a shame that for the amount of service you provide for that cost that they wouldn't float this.

How many yes vs. no's were there?

How many yes vs. no's were there?

You lose by 1 or you lose by 1,000, it's still a loss....

x129K likes this

I guess it is a sign of the times, our proposed new engine was voted down last week by the registered voters of the Wassaic Fire District by 6 votes. We will try and get it to vote again as our "attack" engine is out of service permanently (bad booster tank) as voted by the fire commissioners. We are not to confident that it will happen (getting a re-vote). :(

Signman and myself have spent the last 2 years working on this project and we felt we presented a very well thought out rig that would serve our fire district well for many many years but a few others had an agenda and made sure it failed, sad day in our history for sure.

Any thoughts on buying used until economic or social climates change and buying new is an option?

Yes, you are correct, but the man asked a simple question, what is so wrong with that??

Any thoughts on buying used until economic or social climates change and buying new is an option?

Well it also comes down to needing it to be Blue like the rest of their equipment. Mark, maybe you can strike a deal for this apparatus that is already painted blue, and has a pump! It's not that old, although you may have a problem trying to get the department to sell it LOL!!

WFD6945.jpg

Original Photo stolen by me, from TTFD website, all original credit to tarrytownfd.org

:lol: :lol:

FF398 and firedude like this

It might "still be a loss", but it's important information to have when your contemplating your next step.

Imagine this, the vote is 600 to 599 versus 2500 to 100? You really don't think that makes a difference for strategy sake? I do.