Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Mount Vernon, NY - Police Officer (Closing 9/23/2011)

6 posts in this topic

EXAMINATION

CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION MOUNT VERNON, NY

POLICE OFFICER

Exam #67-808 O.C.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY

AMENDED

DATE OF EXAMINATION: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2011

PLACE OF EXAMINATION: MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL, 100 CALIFORNIA Road. Mount Vernon, NY

Mount Vernon, NY

From the Mount Vernon website:

EXAMINATION CONSISTS OF THREE PARTS WITH RELATIVE WEIGHTS AS FOLLOWS:

Written Exam: Graded and Ranked

Physical Strength/Agility Test: Pass/Fail

Medical Exam: Pass/Fail

Psychological Exam Pass/Fail

Call me crazy, but isn't that FOUR parts?!

JohnnyOV, x129K and billy98988 like this

IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

75 for non residents! what a rip! plus the fact that preff is given to residents. I'm willing to bet alot of non residents will skip on this test.

*NOTE- The FD test was not $75 for out of towners when it was last given, this was a recent change that us dedicated members who put our lives on the line everyday now have to pay when we take promotional exams. This is for all exams issued by MV. I am sure the City has the right to do this but IMO it shows how they feel about us "Out of Towners". On the past FD test they still have not given the physical agility and I find it inlikely it will be given. At this point there are approx 170 "Out of Towners" who have passed the FD test. The city has made $4250.00 with the test fee being $25.00. Now at the $75 rate the city would pocket approx $12,750. Not a bad income to rip off the "Out of Towners"!!!

Don't let $75 deter you from taking the exam. MVPD is always hiring and is a busy Police Department with alot going on. They have hired many "Out of Towners" in the past also. Good luck! Unlike the FD you need a clean record for the PD.

99subi likes this

Maybe it's time for the FDMV and MVPD to have one list. Let's face it the picking pool of decent candidates is slim to none if your just goin to take residents. Give me someone who wants the Job regardless of where they live.

Edited by FirNaTine
99subi likes this