Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DES630

Has anyone else seen this before?

18 posts in this topic

While driving along I-95 in Georgia I seen this along side the highway. post-4-0-61285400-1314671955.jpgpost-4-0-82825100-1314671999.jpgpost-4-0-63209100-1314672037.jpgpost-4-0-22577500-1314672062.jpgpost-4-0-35500100-1314672122.jpgpost-4-0-83322100-1314672155.jpg

If you post this on firepics.net - I can guarentee you would find the answer! Them guys know the wherabouts of just about all of the old retired rigs parked on the side of the road in the US!

I am sure someone takes care of the land since the grass was cut and nothing was really over grown. All the rigs look like they were placed in certain areas as well. Just seemed like a odd location in the middle of no where along I-95.

I pass it all the time. The inventory changes very little over time, but it DOES change a little. I've never gotten a good answer about why it's there.

I think this has been on Firepics.net Once I get power back I can take a look. Not sure if it was its own thread under apparatus or part of the relics thread

Cool shots! Those ex-Military rigs make great high water rescue vehicles.

I pass this yard frequently on I-95 headed up to South Carolina. In addition to the complete rigs and military trucks, they also have quite a few fire engine cabs, dismounted from their frames. Like the prior poster pointed out, there's not much movement of the inventory in the yard, but I'm sure occasionally they sell something to a department of lesser means......

There have been trucks there for years. Anytime I've driven down to or back from Florida I've seen a bunch there

I SAW THIS TWO WEEKS AGO! LOL. I was driving down to Florida for school from NY... didnt have time to stop or take pictures but was also wondering what it was. Everything from a mini attack to an ARFF truck was there.... interesting little lot of land.

From the link that is posted it looks like the 3rd photo down in an old DCFD rig, and a few Jacksonville cabs sitting there.

I SAW THIS TWO WEEKS AGO! LOL. I was driving down to Florida for school from NY... didnt have time to stop or take pictures but was also wondering what it was. Everything from a mini attack to an ARFF truck was there.... interesting little lot of land.

Going to Embry-Riddle?

Whatever it is, it looks to be a gold mine for collectors... i think someone needs to starting putting them on ebay, ha.

Just passed on my way to our house in the mountains and all the fire apparatus is gone with the exception of a mini pumper and the body of a tanker. The military deuces are still there.

Just passed on my way to our house in the mountains and all the fire apparatus is gone with the exception of a mini pumper and the body of a tanker. The military deuces are still there.

NO WAY!? That was like......a landmark....now what am I gonna look at in Georgia (don't answer that).

NO WAY!? That was like......a landmark....now what am I gonna look at in Georgia (don't answer that).

How about a couple peaches...