Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Task Force 7

Out and About Dallas/Fort Worth

11 posts in this topic

I went out today hoping to catch some shots of some of D/FW's fire apparatus. I headed over to Flower Mound since I haven't been there in a while, and they've gotten some new Pierce Arrow XT in the last year or two. Well I got lucky because I spotted a big black cloud of smoke and went looking for it. I had trouble locating the exact location because it was a grass fire on someone's property with a long gravel road leading back to their house. However as I was driving down one of the major roads in Flower Mound Truck 504 and Air Supply 501 were running code towards me. I parked across the street in a residential neighboorhood and walked down to the end of the street. Here's what I caught.

Flower Mound Truck 504

100_20652a.jpg

Flower Mound Air Supply 501

100_20672a.jpg

Here's Flower Mound Engine 503 refilling its water tank before going back in to protect the home.

100_20732a.jpg

Mutual aid was called in from Lewisville and Grapevine. There were several brush trucks that responded and headed down the gravel road to attack the fire. I didn't get photos of any of those units as I stayed behind the police and fire line. Here are some of the Engines that responded mutual aid for manpower.

Lewisville Engine 166 (Dragon Slayer)

100_20782a.jpg

The front bumper of 166

100_20772a.jpg

Grapevine Engine 561 (roto-rays are starting to become a trend now in the D/FW area)

100_20752a.jpg

561's logo

100_20762a.jpg

The rear of Engine 561

100_20812a.jpg

TAPSJ, sfrd18 and RescueKujo like this

After the Bat. Chief came and told me and some other people the fire was contained, I left. I headed over to Coppell to see if their new rigs were in service. Having 3 stations I knew I would have a 33% chance of getting it right. So I went to Station 3 which is located next door to Town Hall. Good call since they were all there for classroom training apparently. Here are two of the four new rigs.

Coppell Engine 122

100_20832a.jpg

Front of E-122

100_20842a.jpg

Coppell Quint 121

100_20852a.jpg

100_20862a.jpg

Here are the rigs they replaced. (These photos were taken back in April 2011).

100_17932a.jpg

100_17982a.jpg

The last photo I caught was of Carrolton Engine 114 doing some sort of training at the high school football stadium.

100_20902a.jpg

That's all for now. Enjoy!! :D

FDNY 10-75, sfrd18, TAPSJ and 2 others like this

Thanks beautiful pictures! I especially loved the variety of pierce down there great photos.

Great photos, Pete. I had a trip planned down that way (in fact I would have been in El Paso tonight on my way to San Antonio), but my finances got screwed up so no go....maybe next year...

Great photos, Pete. I had a trip planned down that way (in fact I would have been in El Paso tonight on my way to San Antonio), but my finances got screwed up so no go....maybe next year...

Duane, I knew you had mentioned it. You know it's been 6 years already since you were here? :D

I mentioned that those are two of four new rigs for Coppell. They received 3 Engines and the 1 Quint. The new Engine 123 was sitting inside the bays and is identical to 122. Engine 121 is also identical to 122, but it wasn't there. Although I do believe the Quint is their reserve piece. Since the Engines all have their company number in the grill, and the Quint has the flag. Also the Quint has placards with the number on it. As where the Engines number is permanently stuck on the rigs. They do have a Pierce Dash aerial tower that's their front-line Truck Company. The old Sutphen Quint use to be thier reserve piece.

Great shots, Pete!

I've got to get over to Grapevine and Coppell next time I am up that way.

Duane, you're probaly lucky if you didn't come this time, especially Central TX. Mostly everyone is exhausted and is working mandatory overtime. Plus there is so much haze in the air it makes taking a clear photo hard.

I was at the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine on Saturday when this happened to roll up on a EMS call.

Grapevine Quint 565

100_21032a.jpg

The front of Quint 565

100_21042a.jpg

Station 5's logo

100_21052a.jpg