Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

Older NYPD Vehicles

68 posts in this topic

Nypd stuff from the 80's and 90's gonna post a few tonight. I dont know much about makes or models so anyone can chime in on them. Esu 4 smaller veichle.

post-18231-0-68496100-1316738764.jpg

sfrd18 and x129K like this

Nypd Auxilary Rescue Unit from the 48th Pct

post-18231-0-31331300-1316739401.jpg

Edited by Anesti
sfrd18 likes this

Last one for tonight a Mobile Command center,which is still running around to this day. Tons more left.

post-18231-0-92576500-1316739591.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

Cool and very unique photos! Thank you for sharing this collection with us. I always love to see photos of agencies from the 70's until now, it's cool to look back and see what they used and how it compares nowadays.

It seems like NYPD ESU went back and forth between Chevy and Ford chasis.

And,someone please reassure me that that 1948 Auxillary Rescue found a good home in a collector who restored it. What a gem!

Esu 4's 1990 Mack Dm/Saulsbury,and the smaller truck.

Nice. That's 3605 Kingsbridge avenue in the background, just north of W236th st. There was a second alarm there in August of 1992 or so that took out the whole top floor on the north side of the building. I have it on VHS somewhere at my parents place in the Bronx - I should convert it someday!

You could always tell when there was a pin job on the Deegan by the very distinctive SP Mark 7 sirens on those old ESU trucks getting on at Van Cortlandt Park S.

Good nostalgia. Thanks.

Nice. That's 3605 Kingsbridge avenue in the background, just north of W236th st. There was a second alarm there in August of 1992 or so that took out the whole top floor on the north side of the building. I have it on VHS somewhere at my parents place in the Bronx - I should convert it someday!

You could always tell when there was a pin job on the Deegan by the very distinctive SP Mark 7 sirens on those old ESU trucks getting on at Van Cortlandt Park S.

Good nostalgia. Thanks.

Was it a night or day fire??? i remember eating at the McDonald's seeing flames from that building, bit i was only 10 at the time so maybe my mind was playing games with me.

I miss that light blue

So do I.........I caught the very tail end of it when I got on the NYPD in 2000. I was assigned to the 4-8 and the only blue and white RMP left was one of the old Chevy Caprice's that we used as the "training car"...........that car was at the end of it's life and on it's last leg...........but had a blast driving it!:D

Nyps Auxilary Rescue Unit from the 48th Pct

Old Civil Defense Rescue............Hope it didn't wind up in the scrap yard..........:unsure:

Old Civil Defense Rescue............Hope it didn't wind up in the scrap yard..........:unsure:

What was their purpose anyway??

Nypd Auxilary Rescue Unit from the 48th Pct

Nice! I like the old trucks.

What was their purpose anyway??

From what I understand, it was an Auxiliary ESU Unit................. Aux. doesn't have an ESU anymore.........as far as I know.

Edited by CBX4627

Was it a night or day fire??? i remember eating at the McDonald's seeing flames from that building, bit i was only 10 at the time so maybe my mind was playing games with me.

Afternoon. 2-2-3769. I grabbed audio from the video a while ago. http://www.firegroundphotos.net/bronxco/3769-1.wav

I was 11 or 12 at the time as well.

Sorry to kinda hijack yer thread, buddy! Any more shots from the 50 precinct?

From what I understand, it was an Auxiliary ESU Unit................. Aux. doesn't have an ESU anymore.........as far as I know.

They still exist....

Afternoon. 2-2-3769. I grabbed audio from the video a while ago. http://www.firegroundphotos.net/bronxco/3769-1.wav

I was 11 or 12 at the time as well.

Sorry to kinda hijack yer thread, buddy! Any more shots from the 50 precinct?

No worries Adam,not hijacking anything. I have about 250 nypd shots will im sure there is a few more.

Just a few more for today before i leave to baptize my niece. As per request from Bronxfireradio some more 50th pct units. Airbag unit. Im sure these are before the current units came into service the larger trucks.

post-18231-0-41386800-1316872312.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

A esu pickup, as a few years ago it was still at the 50 pct,does anyone know what there use were??

post-18231-0-43835400-1316872482.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

LAst one for today, im assuming a GMC MTA Rescue

post-18231-0-77979400-1316872615.jpg

Edited by Anesti
sfrd18 likes this

A esu pickup, as a few years ago it was still at the 50 pct,does anyone know what there use were??

Great pics! This looks like a bada** pickup. Thanks for sharing.

Help Lighting vehicle looks like a gmc.

Love the shots! Always a fan of the classics... This does look like a GMC except for the where it says dodge on the hood. :D But great shots! Keep them coming!

Love the shots! Always a fan of the classics... This does look like a GMC except for the where it says dodge on the hood. :D But great shots! Keep them coming!

LOl good one,and the dodge hubcaps didnt give it away either.

LOl good one,and the dodge hubcaps didnt give it away either.

still good shots. looking foward to more!

Help Lighting vehicle looks like a gmc.

H.E.L.P... anyone know what that acronym was for? Harlem Eastside Lifesaving Program? Wasn't there a show on NBC about that?

Nice shots, Anesti. I remember seeing all of those vehicles. Nice shot of the Air Bag truck, too. Thanks!