Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paratrooper75

Luxury Ambulance

21 posts in this topic

Already hit Philadelphia... www.ambulimo.com ...crew wears tuxedos with white gloves!

Stupid things I wish I thought of... add it to the list.

Stupid things I wish I thought of... add it to the list.

Might as well make designer fire gear as well... include interchangeable boots for the homes where the homeowners ask you to take your boots off before you come inside and check out the smoke condition...

voltage1256 and SageVigiles like this

I love the comment on quality care being something people will worry about in the article. Ha!

Citywide's Brochure for the Luxury truck.

http://www.citywideambulance.com/Citywide%20Luxury%20Brochure.pdf

Notice how on the side of the rig, above the citywide name, it says "Presidential Series"

Pretty cool idea, and with all of the hot-shots in NYC, probably will have a pretty good draw if any of them get sick.

Edited by newsbuff

Looks like someone has been watching a little too much "Royal Pains". I can't wait until a patient vomits, has a bleed or worse on the surround sound, flat screen, 300 threat count sheets, plush interior or multi-mode lighting...

How do I get this job hahaha?

Uh yes, this is Mr. Smith,

I'm having an MI and think I'm going to die, can you please send your luxury ambulance so I can go out in style?

I'm sorry Mr. smith, President Obama has reserved the rig for tonight so we'll be sending a regular unit to you. BTW did you say you're on medicaid?

Citywide's Brochure for the Luxury truck.

http://www.citywideambulance.com/Citywide%20Luxury%20Brochure.pdf

Notice how on the side of the rig, above the citywide name, it says "Presidential Series"

Pretty cool idea, and with all of the hot-shots in NYC, probably will have a pretty good draw if any of them get sick.

I saw the ambulance labeled "Presidential" outside of calvary... always wondered what it was

ok so even our FDNY Ambulance for the President isn't even this tricked out... lol and thats The Presidents Bus.... i mean common have people hit the low point its an EMERGENCY VEHICLE not the HILTON... its ideas like this that lead the public to believe we as EMS workers will do anything for them like make them a sandwich or slice their steak....

ok so even our FDNY Ambulance for the President isn't even this tricked out... lol and thats The Presidents Bus.... i mean common have people hit the low point its an EMERGENCY VEHICLE not the HILTON... its ideas like this that lead the public to believe we as EMS workers will do anything for them like make them a sandwich or slice their steak....

Do FDNY paramedics staff that or does the USSS pick it up and staff it? Does Ambulance 001 join the rest of the fleet after it has served the POTUS for a few years or does it go to auction?

What does the POTUS' bus have that the others dont?

Do FDNY paramedics staff that or does the USSS pick it up and staff it? Does Ambulance 001 join the rest of the fleet after it has served the POTUS for a few years or does it go to auction?

What does the POTUS' bus have that the others dont?

I believe it gets auctioned when it's time is done. Paramedics from the Dignitary Protection Unit of FDNY staff 001 and 002. 001 and 002 contain safety features to protect( lets just say it starts at being bullet proof) other than that I doubt FDNY would want that information released haha.

The following is copied verbatim from this topic on the nycfire.net forums, I attached a link referencing the thread.

"There were two dedicated DPU units in the city. Ambulance 001 and 002. 001 being for the president and 2 for everyone else. However they do use standard buses when needed.

For the most part you will get two FDNY Medics who are DPU trained. During the UN GA you sometimes will get EMS officers riding with a Medic."

http://nycfire.net/forums/index.php?topic=1265.0

Edited by prucha25
FDNY 10-75 likes this

These are the same people who spend $15-20,000 to fly from Manhattan to the Hamptons every weekend in the summer so they don't have to sit in traffic. Why is a snobby ambulance a surprise??? B)

But just remember, someone thought of the idea and is most definitely profiting off of it.

All the luxury inside cant help the lousy roads it gets used on.. "Oh I am sorry that pothole caused us to spill your champagne, on the 300 count sheets!!" Are the crew uniforms made by Armani?

All the luxury inside cant help the lousy roads it gets used on.. "Oh I am sorry that pothole caused us to spill your champagne, on the 300 count sheets!!" Are the crew uniforms made by Armani?

As a Citywide medic, I have seen the outside of the truck but not the inside. Armani uniforms? yeah right! The stuff my bosses come up with! If it gets me overtime great! I doubt it.

works great until they get flagged down on the way back from a transport for a pedestrian struck in trauma arrest....

FDNY 10-75 likes this

works great until they get flagged down on the way back from a transport for a pedestrian struck in trauma arrest....

I'm sure they'd drive by, but I'm sure they'll do the right thing and call in a regular unit. This ambulance is not for people like you and me.

firecoins likes this

I'm sure they'd drive by, but I'm sure they'll do the right thing and call in a regular unit. This ambulance is not for people like you and me.

1. It works just as well as the other citywide ambulances which is to say not to well.

2. Citywide having a lxury ambualnce is funny knowing how we just switched from lifepak 11s to lifepak 12s this month.

3. I dread doing flag downs with citywide in any truck, Most of my partners haven't backboarded since EMT school.