Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoFire390

Montrose FD's 1941 mack...where is it now?

33 posts in this topic

I was going through some of my grandfathers old pictures and found this one. I dont know whos it. but im posting this for some help. im wondering where i can find out where this engine went. if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

thanks Ken

post-8930-0-86496200-1318896021.jpg

BFD1054 likes this

Thanx for posting

was going through some of my grandfathers old pictures and found this one. dont know whos it. but im posting this for some help. im wondering where i can find out where this engine went. if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

thanks Ken

post-8930-0-86496200-1318896021.jpg

It looks similar to mohegans looks like a mack 505S series mack. Dont know where it went but if you go online to the mack museum you can get copies of file photos when the truck was delivered mack has alot of info on the rigs they made

thanks tommy

The last time I saw it, it was at a junk yard on the Albany Post Road, Montrose, many years ago.

if it was at kaufman's howie that place is long gone. Brookfield bought it and cleared it out when was it there in the 70"S

Actually Howie I remember it in the junk yard on lower south street in Peekskill, just up from Burnwell. If I remember correctly according to my father there was alot of hard feelings when they decided to get rid of it.Guy on the right might be John Kavanna.

Edited by hudson144

Actually Howie I remember it in the junk yard on lower south street in Peekskill, just up from Burnwell. If I remember correctly according to my father there was alot of hard feelings when they decided to get rid of it.Guy on the right might be John Kavanna.

husdon, you are right, I remember going there to get door parts for Mohegan's Mack, its twin. I also remember there were lots of hard feelings about its disposal.

i should of asked u first jody. any idea where the old 121 ended up?? it would be nice to go see it and take pictures of it.

Engine 121 a Ward LaFrance was bought by a few guys from West Haverstraw who were close friends with Ex Chief Tom Conklin, Ex Chief Joe Carroll, Ex chief Frank Oconnor to mention a few. I am not sure where it ended up but will look into it. Hate to say it but most of those guys have all passed away.

Engine 121 a Ward LaFrance was bought by a few guys from West Haverstraw who were close friends with Ex Chief Tom Conklin, Ex Chief Joe Carroll, Ex chief Frank Oconnor to mention a few. I am not sure where it ended up but will look into it. Hate to say it but most of those guys have all passed away.

thats for sure jody...i wish my pop was still alive id be asking him these questions.

No need to confirm......E121 showed up on EBAY this weekend.

Ebay link to Montrose E121

Would be nice to see her come home?

Stay Safe!

MoFire390 likes this

you guys should try and get it back $500 bucks isnt alot it's not that far away go see if it's worth restoring !

trying to get ahold of some people right now...thanks for finding it!!! gonna give the guy who posted it a call tomorrow.

good luck let us know how you make out it is always nice to find a piece of your dept's history like that

I have seen several depts begging for info/help finding their "old" apparatus that was sold off many years ago at musters and on the SPAAMFAA website. If your dept has any interest in getting this one back, now is the time. Funds may not be availible to resto it now, but atleast of you get possession of it, you can resto it when you decide to, even if it is years from now. Hoping to find it and buy it when the funds are availible may lead you on a fruitless search, and a whole bunch of "we should of bought it back then"

PCFD ENG58 likes this

I have seen several depts begging for info/help finding their "old" apparatus that was sold off many years ago at musters and on the SPAAMFAA website. If your dept has any interest in getting this one back, now is the time. Funds may not be availible to resto it now, but atleast of you get possession of it, you can resto it when you decide to, even if it is years from now. Hoping to find it and buy it when the funds are availible may lead you on a fruitless search, and a whole bunch of "we should of bought it back then"

I totaly agree! I have been searching for a while for an old Eastchester American LaFrance 700 series pumper that was sold in 85/86. I doubt I will ever find it. The hardest part is finding the apparatus!

after doing some research i found out that this engine was bought by a few members who were fuding with their department at the time. they called themselves the "Renagades" engine used to be painted orange and white. just thought i would throw that out there.

for those paying attention to whats going on, we have been in contact with the person selling the engine and are working very hard on bringing it home. would be nice to see it roll out for our 100th anniversery in 2019. i will try to keep u all updated.

Ken

ho man.... that's one hell of a fixer upper

Nothing a little bit of paint and a couple of rolls of duct tape couldn't fix.... :P

Does the guy tell you if it does run or not ?

Does the guy tell you if it does run or not ?

had said he had it running 15 years ago. still has oil in it as well as anti-freeze. truck does not run. but hey you never know what would happen.

when we got our chevy back we drained and changed the fluids and the plugs it start

no we did not end up winning the engine. however the person that did has been in contact with the fire department. will keep u all informed.

no we did not end up winning the engine. however the person that did has been in contact with the fire department. will keep u all informed.

Heard a rumor that bad boy is coming home. Any truth to it?

Heard a rumor that bad boy is coming home. Any truth to it?

There sure is. Ex chief cole has purchesed the engine. When he offically takes ownership I will swing by and get some photos

There sure is. Ex chief cole has purchesed the engine. When he offically takes ownership I will swing by and get some photos

Yeah, saw that on facebook right after I asked you here. THAT'S GREAT! Who better to have it than Scotty? So good to see it coming back to Montrose after all these years! Can't wait to see it in person!

going to need money to restore it. So if you want to look it will be $20 lol The first step is to get it road worthy, then the body work