Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peterose313

Occupy Wall Street Being Raided!

37 posts in this topic

I am all for peaceful protest and freedom of speech. I am not for blanant disregard for the law and for those who are trying to uphold it. Many of these protestors are simply criminals with an agenda. Besides....they should be protesting Congress along with Fannie May and Freddie Mac who continie to soak the taxpayers...

SageVigiles likes this

Let us remember that the difference between a revolution and a rebellion is whether or not it is successful. It is probably dirty down there and there are probably a few scruffy characters. In any group there will be those whose intentions are self serving. A careful reading of history will show the founding fathers were not saints either. I am continually amazed that so many people think the problem is that the rich aren't rich enough or that making them richer will mean better crumbs falling from the table for the rest of us. 'Trickle down' is fine for body fluids but makes for poor economic policy.

Protest is not just a part of the American fabric, it IS the American fabric. Free people standing up and saying "This is wrong, there has to be a better way." has been the foundation upon which this country is built. The established order makes the most of their power, sends in troops, the protesters push back, the courts interpret the rules. On a good day, no one gets hurt in the process. Life goes on. I think it's a great system. A life without protest would be like.... communism?

So, thank you to the system for keeping us safe and thank you to the protesters who remind us that there is a better way and that we need to find it.

peterose313, INIT915 and ny10570 like this

After these misguided individuals finish with OWS maybe they should go and protest outside all of the Universities and Colleges who charge astronomical tuitions to attend putting individuals in debt up to their a** before they even graduate and find a job. There's something nobody has any control over and won't say s*** about.

After these misguided individuals finish with OWS maybe they should go and protest outside all of the Universities and Colleges who charge astronomical tuitions to attend putting individuals in debt up to their a** before they even graduate and find a job. There's something nobody has any control over and won't say s*** about.

They probably wont do that because most of these misguided individuals are actually going to those colleges and universities that mommy and daddy pays for.

Just a guy likes this

They probably wont do that because most of these misguided individuals are actually going to those colleges and universities that mommy and daddy pays for.

Thanks Bud, I knew I forgot a line. LOL!