Peekskill EMS 7506

Special Response Unit - REHAB

post-3-0-87140800-1321533195.jpg

post-3-0-54568500-1321533260.jpg

post-3-0-71214800-1321533419.jpg

REQUESTS FOR THE REHAB UNIT CAN BE MADE

BY CONTACTING 60-CONTROL

Unit is equipped with a Generator, Portable Heater, Misting Fan, Stokes Basket,

Multiport Oxygen Regulator, Coffee Machine Gatorade, Coolers, Towels, Blankets, Folding Cots,

Chairs for Triage, BLS Medical/Trauma Bags, Spare Oxygen Tanks, Splints, Backboards, Lighting, Tents

Information and photos submitted by: Robert Kranz

x129K, grumpyff, firedude and 3 others like this

From those I've spoken to they put a lot of planning in this and nice to see another take hold in the area. Only thing I wish I would see more of is forearm immersion chairs. Misters are ok...but studies are showing they may not be all that effective and may actually create vaso constriction on the skin surface causing an increase in body core temperature.

x129K likes this

Down here they'd call that a Tailgating unit!!!

Seriously, it's great to see Rehab units starting to become a reality in Westchester. Will it also have a warming tent for winter months?

Thanks for the photo, Rob.

Down here they'd call that a Tailgating unit!!!

Seriously, it's great to see Rehab units starting to become a reality in Westchester. Will it also have a warming tent for winter months?

Thanks for the photo, Rob.

the tents do have side to enclose it so we can use the heater to keep people warm plus we can place people in the back because the heating system in the rear of truck still works if needed. As per the chairs we started with these for now due to budget reasons

From those I've spoken to they put a lot of planning in this and nice to see another take hold in the area. Only thing I wish I would see more of is forearm immersion chairs. Misters are ok...but studies are showing they may not be all that effective and may actually create vaso constriction on the skin surface causing an increase in body core temperature.

We have the immersion chairs on our rehab rig so for now if PCVAC need them they are only a phone call away. Good job on the set up guys. Lets hope we don't need it!

What is used for a heat source and if so needed, is the enclosure monitored for Co?

What is used for a heat source and if so needed, is the enclosure monitored for Co?

Pellet stove and a canary?

Nice work Peekskill EMS, glad to know this asset isn't too far away from us in the southern end of the 10th.

ny10570 likes this

the tents do have side to enclose it so we can use the heater to keep people warm plus we can place people in the back because the heating system in the rear of truck still works if needed. As per the chairs we started with these for now due to budget reasons

Hospital towels immersed in cool to slightly cold water wrapped around the forearms will work as well. Canadian military did a study with similar materials and also did nothing but running water that also was highly effective...but very difficult in the field.

I have to concur, that the cooling chairs are by far the best tool for rehab. Our team has been up and running for 4-5 years, and if you show up with 1 thing, it would be 5-6 cooling chairs. The fans tend to just get the nozzles clogged and then just spew water and get people wet.

Part of the CT Region 5 rehab group our unit has

10 Cooling chairs

6 unit cooling vest system

2 10x20 tents with sides

1 10x10 tent

Heating unit powered by propane

Medical kits

Masimo Rad 57 CO monitor

Masimo rehab tags

4 large coolers

Rehab sector command kit

3 Honda 2000 watt gensets

3 cooling fans

2 folding benches

normal folding chairs

1 portable tent privy

granola bars

1 ice machine at base

3 folding shelter cots

1 folding table

3 water coolers

and a bunch of other small stuff

2011 ford F350 tow vehicle and 14 ft enclosed trailer

Aaron Hodge

Roxbury Ems

CT Region 5 Rehab Team

sfrd18 and x129K like this

<br />Down here they'd call that a Tailgating unit!!! <br /><br />Seriously, it's great to see Rehab units starting to become a reality in Westchester. Will it also have a warming tent for winter months?<br /><br />Thanks for the photo, Rob.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thats what I thought it was!!! All it needs is a grill.

I have to concur, that the cooling chairs are by far the best tool for rehab. Our team has been up and running for 4-5 years, and if you show up with 1 thing, it would be 5-6 cooling chairs. The fans tend to just get the nozzles clogged and then just spew water and get people wet.

Part of the CT Region 5 rehab group our unit has

10 Cooling chairs

6 unit cooling vest system

2 10x20 tents with sides

1 10x10 tent

Heating unit powered by propane

Medical kits

Masimo Rad 57 CO monitor

Masimo rehab tags

4 large coolers

Rehab sector command kit

3 Honda 2000 watt gensets

3 cooling fans

2 folding benches

normal folding chairs

1 portable tent privy

granola bars

1 ice machine at base

3 folding shelter cots

1 folding table

3 water coolers

and a bunch of other small stuff

2011 ford F350 tow vehicle and 14 ft enclosed trailer

Aaron Hodge

Roxbury Ems

CT Region 5 Rehab Team

I have most of that I don't have cooling vest yet or the co detector.I have a 12x12 tent enclosed on 3 sides a 10x10 fully enclosed tent 6 chairs(not cooling yet) 2 army folding cots coffee machine a motiprt oxygen regulator ice machine at base this has been a 3 yr project and as of now we are still looking for more equipment down the road we have a large mountain bike park where a gator is needed we now call for mutail aid for that

Pellet stove and a canary?

Nice work Peekskill EMS, glad to know this asset isn't too far away from us in the southern end of the 10th.

thanks we will be there when needed