Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

Cool thing my son found to stop pursuits dead-lol

13 posts in this topic

Is this serious? All I see is a lot of apprehended rear bumpers from this "tool".

Just a guy likes this

I can see complaints coming in from some of those who were running late for work and wouldn't stop, because of that...

HAHA. What's next? The same concept for foot pursuits??? I giant claw that comes out of the uniform and grabs the "crook"

And for X-mas..................Mant to save money on your daily drive to work, school or shopping, or need to close your eyes for a few minutes during that long highway drive to Disney, or to druck to safely drive home........

Then you need ACME's Econo Hook. Just hook on and shut your car off. Saves $1,000 at the pump each year. :lol:

PFDRes47cue and 25truck26 like this

Wow please tell me this is a joke! Yeah because the last I checked, and personal experience, vehicle pursuits were not 20mph in a straight line path.

That's a very real invention. It is also intended to bu used at traffic stops to prevent the vehicle from fleeing in the first place. It was first patented in 1997.

Wow please tell me this is a joke! Yeah because the last I checked, and personal experience, vehicle pursuits were not 20mph in a straight line path.

Simply not true, because we all remember..............."If the glove does not fit you must acquit"

post-4072-0-63541200-1323169460.jpg

The guys on the police forum probably said the same thing about the invention of the fit5 coward grenade that so many local fire departments use.

JohnnyOV likes this

The Danes had a pursuit stopper for vehicles a few years ago. A folding arm extended from the front of a police vehicle and extended until it pierced the trunk of the vehicle being pursued. the tip expands and locks. The police vehicle then puts on the brakes and the pursuit ends. In a dangerous situation, tear gas can be injected into the pursued vehicle. When the poroduct was showed to the British police as potential customers, they openly laughed at the product thinking it was a joke. I guess that's why it never made it to the US.

LOL interesting concept, but Im going to agree with PCFDENG58 on this one, what about us with HD trucks? is it grabbing the bumper or the frame?