Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DWC295

LODD Peabody, MA 12/23/11

14 posts in this topic

Peabody, MA FF James Rice, 42, died today at a 3 alarm fire. Press conference is scheduled for 1730 tonight.

My link

Heartbreaking, especially two days before Christmas. I myself was just up in Peabody this past fall.

Rest in peace Firefighter Rice. Condolences to his family, friends, and fellow firefighters of the Peabody Fire Department.

Edited by sfrd18

RIP, Signed way too many of these recently.

Edited by SRS131EMTFF

Rest in peace. Horrible at anytime of ihe year, but lately its been rough

Yet another family looses a member this month... sad.... Restin Peace Firefighter Jim Rice, Peabody, Ma. Fire Department Engine Company 5 .. Prayers for your wife and children

RIP

Terrible loss any time of the year, but more terrible time of the year for such a loss.

Firefighter James Rice of Peabody MA Engine Company 5 made the Supreme Sacrifice yesterday afternoon while operating at the 3rd Alarm at 5 Hancock Street. The building was a 3 story wdfrm 6 family OMD. The preliminary cause appears to be electrical in nature. He went into cardiac arrest between floors 1 & 2 and was removed & rushed to North Shore Medical Center in Salem MA where efforts to resisitate him were unsuccessful. Jimmy was an 11 year veteran of the department & leaves behind his wife & 3 children. Arrangements are pending at this time. FF Rice's passing comes on the heels of the LODD of FF Jon Davies of the Worcester MA FD just 15 days ago.

efdcapt115 and sfrd18 like this