Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

Dual Responses

38 posts in this topic

On all calls or just structure?

To my knowledge, its a dual response (MFD and MVAFD) to ALL calls (- EMS) at the NYS Vets nursing home.

FF398 likes this

These are the automatic mutual aid/dual responses that I'm familiar with:

Pelham/Pelham Manor/Mount Vernon, Mamaroneck Town/Mamaroneck Village, Mamaroneck Town/Larchmont, Purchase/West Harrison, Croton Falls/Somers, Yorktown/Bedford Hills, Ossining/Millwood, Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow/Irvington, Valhalla/Hawthorne, Purchase/Armonk/Port Chester, Pocantico Hills/Archville and Briarcliff/Millwood

Verplanck/Montrose/Buchanan run automatic standby mutual aid

Where does Port Chester Armonk and Purchase have automatic aid ? . MY home dept [Port Chester] does not go on any automatic aid to anywhere ! Where do you get your info from ?

Pleasantville get a Tanker automatically for all structural/brush fire calls in our non-hydrant areas. Pleasantville and Thornwood work together on the SMP in certain areas. Don't quote me but I believe NB between Marble Avenue and Grant Street is Thorwood FD full response with Pleasantville Rescue 47. Anything at the Marble Avenue Entrance/Exit is the same response as well.

I believe Thorwood and Valhalla respond together to some sections of the Rosehill Shopping Center. Hawthorne and Elmsford also respond together to some locations.

Correct, as well as Westlake High school --> TFD and Valhalla

HFD and Thornwood run dual response for the part of the saw mill/ ramp to the sprain? (correct me if I'm wrong)

HFD and Thornwood run dual response for the part of the saw mill/ ramp to the sprain? (correct me if I'm wrong)

As DaRock98 mentioned early in the thread, they run a dual response for MVA/s and car fires. Pretty sure this is only 06:00 to 18:00.

Where does Port Chester Armonk and Purchase have automatic aid ? . MY home dept [Port Chester] does not go on any automatic aid to anywhere ! Where do you get your info from ?

Airport aircraft alerts (non-structure related)? I'd call that auto mutual aid.

Edited by firedude

As DaRock98 mentioned early in the thread, they run a dual response for MVA/s and car fires. Pretty sure this is only 06:00 to 18:00.

The Saw Mill response with Hawthorne and Thornwood is 24/7.

Hawthorne and Briarcliff also just put into place a dual response on the Taconic Parkway from the Chelsea St. bridge to Pleasantville Rd.

Edited by DaRock98

Didn't want to bump but to answer any future questions on why South Salem and Vista are responding together...

Auto aid will be starting soon between Vista and South Salem: The following are the changes:

1 Engine form Vista to South Salem

Automatic Fire Alarm at SSFD 1190 Rt 35

Automatic Fire Alarm at Lewisboro Elementary School 709 Bouton Rd.

Automatic Fire Alarm at Thistleweithe Learning Center

1 Engine from South Salem to Vista

Automatic Fire Alarm at Vista FD 377 Smithridge Rd.

Automatic Fire Alarm at Meadow Pond Elementary School 185 Smithridge Rd.

Automatic Fire Alarm at the Jewish Family Center 111 Smithridge Rd.

Rescue 21 for any reported or confirmed extrication in Vista.

1 Engine and the Tanker

Any Possible Structure Fire or Confirmed Structure Fire in the South Salem Fire District (Engine and Tanker)

From Vista FD May 2012 Newsletter:

Bnechis and sfrd18 like this

Below is what was posted on Yorktownfire.org, in regard to Yorktown's initial "Possible Structure Fire Dispatch" policy, which sends a mutual aid FASTeam with initial dispatch (aka Automatic Mutual Aid/Dual respose):

YHFD's Initial "Possible Structure Fire Dispatch" policy - 1 year 2 Months later

By Firefighter / EMT

June 20, 2012

Since the implementation last year of sending a mutual aid Firefighter Assist and Search Team (FAST) on the initial dispatch of a possible structure fire within the Yorktown Fire District, YHFD and our Mutual Aid FASTeams have responded to 44 possible structure fires in our district, with seven of them requiring an upgrade to an active working fire (10-75) or greater alarm. The Yorktown Heights Fire Department makes firefighter safety a critical aspect of fire ground operations, and this policy ensures that a FASTeam is dispatched and on the road at the same time our units are, and arrive on scene shortly there after.

The FAST team is essential for firefighter safety when firefighters are working inside of a building that is on fire. Their sole responsibility is search and removal of firefighters who are injured or incapacitated inside the structure. The teams are comprised of highly qualified, highly trained, and expert firemen from each department, with the will to ensure that everyone goes home. They take proactive measures on the fire ground, such as throwing ladders to 2nd and 3rd story windows for quick egress, provide scene updates on fire conditions, and stand ready to help a firefighter who has been overcome by the conditions inside the building. These members make up of the best of the best of our surrounding departments, and have the drive to succeed with a "can do" attitude.

Yorktown Fire would like to express our sincere thanks to all of our Mutual Aid FASTeams who have accepted our call for assistance over the last year and who continue to do so on a consistent basis. We would also like to thank the Millwood Fire Department for their response of an Engine for possible fires on the south side of town during the duration of the Taconic closure.

You can view which department fills out the FAST roll for each part of town in the operation section of our website, located here: http://www.yorktownf...ent/operations/

Units: Bedford Hills FAST, Croton FAST, Mohegan FAST, Mount Kisco FAST, Ossining FAST, Peekskill FAST, Millwood Fire

Full Article: http://www.yorktownf...cfm?News_ID=356