Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
batt2

Fake FDNY "Captain" apologizes

14 posts in this topic

http://www2.wspa.com...fig-ar-3274740/

SPARTANBURG, SC -- Just months after participating in a remembrance ceremony marking the 10-year anniversary of 9-11, a man who claimed to be a New York City firefighter on that fateful day has admitted to being a fraud.

Jordan Liflander admitted to 7 On Your Side's Tom Crabtree that he lied about being a member of the Fire Department New York. Liflander is now apologizing for wearing a firefighter’s dress uniform and displaying a F-D-N-Y firefighter's helmet during a ceremony at Wofford College last September 11 to commemorate the 10 year anniversary of the terrorist attack.

This loser should be turned over to the brothers at FDNY Ladder 12 so they can have a nice serious chat with him! Just my opinion.

BBBMF, GBFD111 and sfrd18 like this

This loser should be turned over to the brothers at FDNY Ladder 12 so they can have a nice serious chat with him! Just my opinion.

I completely agree, its just disgraceful to lie about something like that, and then go so far that you are a Keynote speaker about a complete lie... Just awful

miltonfire39 and sfrd18 like this

Scum.. I agree.. he should be dragged to outside 133's doors

He is full of sh#t!!!!! If it wasn't for the video and the phone call from FDNY he would still be braging to all his Volunteer friends

He is full of sh#t!!!!! If it wasn't for the video and the phone call from FDNY he would still be braging to all his Volunteer friends

I wonder, are there any others out there that haven't been caught yet?

sfrd18 likes this

EXACTLY! This wannabe is only sorry that he was exposed for the pathetic poser that he is, and now that all of his cronies know the truth! Of all the things to pretend to be this is a new low. It's like slapping all of those who ACTUALLY were there and still deal with the horror of that day. Unbelievable......

Edited by FD36

What a scumbag...plain and simple. Feel bad for the actual FDNY members and all others who were duped by this douchebag.

He portrays himself to be all about charity and what-not. However, the article states that he was thrown out of South Salem vol FD for lack of work hours. Guess he didnt have enough time to volunteer while he was traveling the world spreading his lie's and trying to make a buck.

Spartan052 and efdcapt115 like this

I wonder, are there any others out there that haven't been caught yet?

Yes there is, in Poughkeepsie a few weeks ago a guy stopped by one of our stations claiming he was Captain of Rescue 2 in full work uniform. We knew he was full of it. There is no Black Captain in Rescue 2!

Another "PHONY STORY". About a month and a half after 9/11 in Norwich, Ct there was a parade. At least two groups of firefighters marched down Broadway there carrying banners that said; "WE JUST RETURNED FROM NEW YORK CITY". These guys were members of some of the local volunteer depts in the area(about 100 miles from NYC). I have several witnesses to my account. And we knew it wasn't true because all the depts in the area were advised NOT to go into NYC. They were told remain here in service in case the need would be to relocate to other closer Ct cities.

And as far as this Phony FDNY Firefighter who claimed to be from Ladder 133. I have been a FDNY buff for many, many years. Over those years, I have talked to probadly hundreds of FDNY members from "Probis" to "Chiefs". I have NEVER, EVER known them to Brag about themselves or look for "a pat on the back". It seems to be just one of the qualities they have. Maybe they've been taught that, I don't know. I think if I had ever heard this "Circus Clown" talk, that would have signaled a "Red Flag" for me.

That day the world lost so much, including some of the most experienced and bravest firefighters out there. We have lost others because of the effect of that World Trade Center dust. And as you read this, others are paying a very steep price with cancer, sinus, and resporatory problems.

And then I think about these PHONY WANNABE'S. The members of the FDNY went through enough and are still going through many serious issues. They certainly don't need any jerks like these to deal with.

BFD1054, 210 and PCFD ENG58 like this

And then I think about these PHONY WANNABE'S. The members of the FDNY went through enough and are still going through many serious issues. They certainly don't need any jerks like these to deal with.

I could not agree more. Pathetic and sad.