Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DR104

WITH REGRET

10 posts in this topic

We idolized and memorialized Whitney Houston, yet looked the other way concerning her well known substance abuse and tumultuous life with singer Bobby Brown.

Charlie Sheen is 45 and his story is all over the news because he is a

substance abuser, an adulterer, sexually promiscuous and obnoxious.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she is a

celebrity drug addict and thief.

Something as frivolous as Kim Kardashian's stupid wedding [and

short-lived marriage] was shoved down our throats, While........

Justin Allen 23

Brett Linley 29

Matthew Weikert 29

Justus Bartett 27

Dave Santos 21

Jesse Reed 26

Matthew Johnson 21

Zachary Fisher 24

Brandon King 23

Christopher Goeke 23

and Sheldon Tate 27...

Are all Marines who gave their lives last month for you. There is no

media for them; not even a mention of their names.

Young Men who most likely came from rural America seeking a chance

to better themselves and to serve this county.

Rest In Peace, and THANK YOU,TROOPS.

This was an email i got and wanted to share it

Edited by DR104
Task Force 7, FF398, BBBMF and 29 others like this

Rest In Peace to the fallen soldiers and their families, and may god watch over all of our soldiers as they stand on the front lines.

It makes me sick that people like those mentioned would get more attention and praise then our soldiers, or even us as firefighters, when a soldier or firefighter or police officer or EMT/Paramedic fall in the line of duty its always the same thing...Nothing. Yet a famous star who caused so much trouble passes on and they get weeks of coverage, benefit concerts and shows, outpouring from the world and sympathy from world leaders yet a soldier who gets killed defending freedom doesnt even get a tear?? Whats wrong with our society? :(

EMT-7035, sfrd18 and fireboyny like this

Many, many condolences to their families and appreciative thanks to those brave men and women who join the armed forces voluntarily and give so much of themselves to try to make the world a better place for us and the people in the places they serve. I wish the news media would not focus on stuff like burning already desecrated Qurans, which did not have to be given to those in custody to be written in and corrupted by them, but were out of the courtesy Americans always go out of their way to show to people. Instead, the media should trumpet and showcase all of the wonderful things our service people do on a daily basis: building schools; helping people with the little things they cannot do themselves; or giving kids and civilians stuff like balls, toys, food and candy, paper and writing utensils, tools, clothing; comforting when they are scared or hurt and protection when being threatened; giving medicine and other care; taking up collections and paying for stuff a family needs but is too proud or unwilling to ask for; helping stray animals who have no one else, and children who only see what they are forced to see, and are amazed to see someone give them a smile or gift just because...; many, many more things. All without doing it for propaganda purposes, without trying to "lure them away from their religion", and opening their eyes and minds to knowing there is more out there than just their town, and more choices than just one view. All because this is what Americans do, because their hearts are huge, their caring is tremendous, their love for each other and freedom drives them; and their distaste for those who use others, abuse others, kill just for body count and fear-mongering, is huge. USA Today publishes the list of who died in service of their country each day on page 7 - God, I wish there was none on that page. They deserve to live, and the cretins who care for only themselves deserve to die in anonymity.

Edited by sueg
BFD1054 and firemoose827 like this

We idolized and memorialized Whitney Houston, yet looked the other way concerning her well known substance abuse and tumultuous life with singer Bobby Brown.

Charlie Sheen is 45 and his story is all over the news because he is a

substance abuser, an adulterer, sexually promiscuous and obnoxious.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she is a

celebrity drug addict and thief.

Something as frivolous as Kim Kardashian's stupid wedding [and

short-lived marriage] was shoved down our throats, While........

Justin Allen 23

Brett Linley 29

Matthew Weikert 29

Justus Bartett 27

Dave Santos 21

Jesse Reed 26

Matthew Johnson 21

Zachary Fisher 24

Brandon King 23

Christopher Goeke 23

and Sheldon Tate 27...

Are all Marines who gave their lives last month for you. There is no

media for them; not even a mention of their names.

Young Men who most likely came from rural America seeking a chance

to better themselves and to serve this county.

Rest In Peace, and THANK YOU,TROOPS.

This was an email i got and wanted to share it

May they all rest in peace. Thank you for sharing this!!!

firemoose827 and BFD1054 like this

Thanks for putting this up...some get brainwashed by media and don't realize who our true idols should be...Rest in peace, god bless these Marines and their families.

firemoose827 likes this

Thanks for putting this up!

RIP to all who have served and paid the final price!

And a GIANT thank you to those who continue to serve!

firemoose827 likes this

I couldn’t agree more. My husband is a Solider. One of his friends was recently killed; the said part is he had to hear about it through a friend on Facebook, not in the news.

Thank you to all who serve and have served!

firemoose827 likes this

I will say the same. Thank you to those who serve both here and abroad. I myself am kind of bent that we will have a parade for a sports team (not against it) but no for those returning from service in iraq and afghanistan. I read a statement from a u.s. rep in a magazine article months ago saying it woul send the wrong message. REALLY? and how's that?

firemoose827 likes this