Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIGRED1

Where to get Propane Tanks Refilled in Southern Westchester

10 posts in this topic

Anyone know a place to get propane tanks refilled in southern westchester around New Rochelle? With the summer around the corner and weather getting better i want to fire up the new grill but have no idea where to get propane fuel. I know you can exchange tanks at some places but I prefer to use my own tank. Also i think it is cheaper to refill rather then exchange. They sell empty bottles in Home Depot but they don't fill them and they have no idea where you can. :huh:

Almstead Tree Company 55 Beechwood Ave between Main St and I-95.

BIGRED1 likes this

Thanks. Thats pretty close to get too. I had seen thier website and it i was tree pruning company so i was kind like huh. Do they offer firefighter discounts? I know some places do.

Almstead Tree Company 55 Beechwood Ave between Main St and I-95.

The fill station is on the 2/3 corner, just drive around back.

Thanks. Thats pretty close to get too. I had seen thier website and it i was tree pruning company so i was kind like huh. Do they offer firefighter discounts? I know some places do.

Read JFlynn's post on discounts in for emergency services in Does FDNY ride Metro North for free: #47

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/45975-does-fdny-ride-metro-north-for-free/page__st__40

x4093k likes this

Down here is Florida, every, and I do mean every, major chain gas station has a propane swap cage. Also the Walgreens Pharmacy's, Home Depot and Lowes. Probably because BBQ's are going all year long. $24.00 to swap tanks.

I always used to get ours filled at Stew Leonards in Yonkers. They always had the best price.

OoO and firedude like this

I 2nd Stew's in Yonkers. If you have a tank it is almost half of an exchange program at the gas station.

Read JFlynn's post on discounts in for emergency services in Does FDNY ride Metro North for free: #47

http://www.emtbravo....ee/page__st__40

Thanks for the info. I Don't think that the two really compare, since one is receiveing services free of charge, while a company saying that they will offer a discount to MOS is just a way to get more business and just plain a good move. Here is how i see it. If they offered me a discount then i would pass it on to the people i know. That in turn makes guys go there instead of say Home Depot/Lowes/ etc which are currently choking the little guys out. Maybe i will see something in the store about the services they offer. I need a tree cut. BOOM by extending courtesy you have helped your business. We all do this everyday. A business give you good service you want to shop there. Someone give you a hard time or makes you upset, you no longer give them your business.

I always used to get ours filled at Stew Leonards in Yonkers. They always had the best price.

Don't let my wife know, she will have me picking stuff up everytime i need a refill. :D

fireboyny likes this

while a company saying that they will offer a discount to MOS is just a way to get more business and just plain a good move.

Since they are the only game in town, they will not get more business, you go there or you go without.

Here is how i see it. If they offered me a discount then i would pass it on to the people i know. That in turn makes guys go there instead of say Home Depot/Lowes/ etc which are currently choking the little guys out.

Since Home Depot does not fill propane, if you want your tanks filled you again have no options.

Maybe i will see something in the store about the services they offer. I need a tree cut. BOOM by extending courtesy you have helped your business. We all do this everyday. A business give you good service you want to shop there. Someone give you a hard time or makes you upset, you no longer give them your business.

there is nothing to shop for. they have a cage with a propane fill in the middle of a paved lot. They give good service, that is very different than giving you a discount because you are a "PUBLIC SERVANT".