Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newburgher

Circleville Firetruck Warehouse

41 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard, or does anyone know when the open house is going to be held at the warehouse in Circleville? If I remember, it was held this time of year the past few years.

Saturday August 4. Moved out of June 'cause there are usually too many other things going on.

JetPhoto likes this

Any Other Details???

Thomas

That date above is correct. Live 5 minutes away from there and went by last weekend and saw the sign.

It's the Catskill Fire-Cats' (Catskill Chapter of SPAAMFAA) 36th Annual Muster

9 AM to 4 PM, rain or shine.

Address: 2618 Route 302 Middletown, NY 10941

Route 17/future I-86 Exit 119, then 1/4 mile south (left off ramp if travelling west)

Over 250 trucks in the building. Many will be outside the day of the event.

All fire apparatus welcome to attend, any rigs 1987 or older eligible for show awards.

Activities for children, food, refreshments, raffles, Tricky Tray and more.

Bnechis, JetPhoto and firedude like this

Just a reminder....event is next Saturday. Fingers crossed hoping for decent weather!

Looking forward to it. . Andy, any charge for bringing a truck..i might be able to bring our 1986 Jeep J20 brush truck.

Edited by grumpyff

Entry fee for show competition is $20 per truck.

No problem!

Any other department (or private owner) that wants to bring a 1987 or older rig is welcome to do so. Don't let the number of other rigs on site discourage you...the Leider collection is not eligible for the show awards unless he chooses to enter a piece or two.

I'll be there. Just look for the guy in the Renegades jersey with 51 on the back.

JetPhoto likes this

For those going up, if you could please snap a photo of my old rig - 1979 Seagrave tractor-drawn aerial (ex Ridgefield Park NJ and Cliffside Park NJ, now black over red). Andy bought it a few months ago and I assume it will be on display up there. Thank you in advance!

The past few years it was a donation to get inside for a tour.

It still is. I'll scope out the tiller for you and hopefully, since it's a new arrival, per se, it will be outside.

Optional donation to get in the building. Small fee for food, refreshments, raffle tix, etc.

The Ridgefield/Cliffside tiller is supposed to be there, although it's being stored at his other location in the O.C. due to lack of space here.

Nice to see some of the folks on this board making appearances. Did not see the Cliffside Park Tiller. Was very nice to see Carmel's old 12-2-2.

My daughter and I got to sit in the tiller seat of Harry Howard (PCFD) Seagrave Tiller. I learned to tiller that rig back in 1982/3. Always neat to see those old rigs. Too bad so many are in "storage" and not being made "display ready".

Nice to see Larchmont's Engine 1 looking like it just came from the factory (but it was 90 years ago or so).

JBE likes this

So many trucks, so little time and room. I left early to get to Ball Pond's wet down. Larchmont's egine did look great

Edited by grumpyff

For those going up, if you could please snap a photo of my old rig - 1979 Seagrave tractor-drawn aerial (ex Ridgefield Park NJ and Cliffside Park NJ, now black over red). Andy bought it a few months ago and I assume it will be on display up there. Thank you in advance!

Left at 11ish to go to Ball Ponds wetdown as well didnt see it - I called a friend later in the day who stayed the whole time he said he didnt see it :( thats the rig myself and many others wanted to see

Had a good time, but it felt like there was too many trucks to look at. Inside the warehouse was extremely tight, making for hard photo taking.

A teaser, and then I am off to bed(busy day today, and again tomorrow) I will post more on Monday.

Larchmont's 1922 American Lafrance

post-917-0-10630100-1344138838.jpg

JetPhoto and RJB896 like this