Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FDNYDCHI

Presidential Election

13 posts in this topic

I tried to search the forums to see if anyone else has put anything up but I couldn't find anything.

I am an a registered independent and are there sites out there that Just give the facts about the candidates and not (pro republican or dem).

Also I feel that any election is the "lesser or two evils"

Since we all are in the public safety industry who do you plan to vote for?

Chris

Edited by FDNYDCHI

While it is easy to appreciate the 'lessor of two evils' and 'none of the above' not voting may get you the greater of two evils and I'd rather have the lessor of the two evils

than the greater.

I could rant for thousands of words but, bottom line, I intend to vote for Romney. He has held high public office but he has not spent his life as a career politician feeding from the public trough. I find him to be more decent, honest, genuine and competent than our current President and if he is elected along with another large turnover of older politcians in both houses of Congress, we may be able to get some solutions and actions to correct some of what has gone awry in our country.

Regardless of party, the entrenched occupants of Congress fail year after year to address and fix anything. They just keep rolling along, rolling over the populace.

SageVigiles, sfrd18 and 99subi like this

None of the above? I wish we had a better candidate! They all lie, cheat and screw the general public.

Agreed, probably not the best candidate either party can put forward, but all things being equal, I'm voting Obama.

While it is easy to appreciate the 'lessor of two evils' and 'none of the above' not voting may get you the greater of two evils and I'd rather have the lessor of the two evils

than the greater.

I could rant for thousands of words but, bottom line, I intend to vote for Romney. He has held high public office but he has not spent his life as a career politician feeding from the public trough. I find him to be more decent, honest, genuine and competent than our current President and if he is elected along with another large turnover of older politcians in both houses of Congress, we may be able to get some solutions and actions to correct some of what has gone awry in our country.

Regardless of party, the entrenched occupants of Congress fail year after year to address and fix anything. They just keep rolling along, rolling over the populace.

Well said. Romney's got my vote as well.

than the greater.

I never said or meant to imply I wasn't going to vote.

Even though Romney is anti union, anti labor, anti firefighters, anti cops, anti teachers you still want him??? Not a chance in hell. He is trashing "Obama care" and it is quite similar to his own healthcare plan he instituted in MA. I don't love the choices, but I am not for anyone who is against the way I make a living. Wisconsin? Hello???? Get rid of collective barganing??? All politicians suck, they all lie, but the Republicans are no friend of middle class, civil service union employees. He wants to take everything away that so many have fought for. Who helped institute a tier 6? Democrats?

nycemt728, INIT915, M' Ave and 1 other like this

Even though Romney is anti union, anti labor, anti firefighters, anti cops, anti teachers you still want him??? Not a chance in hell. He is trashing "Obama care" and it is quite similar to his own healthcare plan he instituted in MA. I don't love the choices, but I am not for anyone who is against the way I make a living. Wisconsin? Hello???? Get rid of collective barganing??? All politicians suck, they all lie, but the Republicans are no friend of middle class, civil service union employees. He wants to take everything away that so many have fought for. Who helped institute a tier 6? Democrats?

I am not pleased with the anti union action that many republicans have taken but it's not enough for me to vote for obama. If you think the democrats give a s*** about you or your union then I have a bridge to sell you real cheap and barely used.

Don't get so excited, relax, have a glass of Kool-Aid.

How many firefighters, police officers and teachers does the President of the United States hire?

Correct me if I'm wrong but police officers, firefighters and teachers are almost all state or local employees are they not?

SageVigiles and 99subi like this

Don't get so excited, relax, have a glass of Kool-Aid.

You know the joke:

"A liberal, a moderate, and a conservative walk into a bar, and the bartender says, hi Mitt"

I don't think a man who drastically alters his beliefs based on his audience at any given moment, is steeped deeply in values and integrity.