Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Mmmm..Anyone recognize this?

10 posts in this topic

Frankie and Johnnies?

Looks like a Landy's wedge to me...Old school Yonkers guys on here will remember...Willow St...

The Deli on Saw Mill River Rd (& Odell) makes a pretty close copy today...I think they even call it the Landy's wedge in honor.....We ordered them once about a year ago and they were very good.

helicopper, x129K and Bnechis like this

Looks like a Landy's wedge to me...Old school Yonkers guys on here will remember...Willow St...

The Deli on Saw Mill River Rd (& Odell) makes a pretty close copy today...I think they even call it the Landy's wedge in honor.....We ordered them once about a year ago and they were very good.

Bingo.

Landis Wedge indeed.

My old Saturday staple....

I miss Landy's, they always had THE BEST wedges. You could call to order over the phone but the phone was always off the hook by 10 am because they already had too many orders to fill as well as the line that was always out the door and onto willow street.

I remember walking in there and seeing the cats laying on the shelves and old man Landy cutting meat for the wedges and then throwing a couple of pieces to the cats.

It was a great place, an old school staple of the park hill neighborhood. The place on saw mill comes close but I don't think anyone will ever be able to duplicate a Landy's wedge.

1911, helicopper and x129K like this

I went to school with old man Landi's nephew. We used to run to the Bronx for him and pick up his supplies at the warehouse. We got paid with wedges!!!! It was funny to watch him make them. The same knife went from the mayo to the mustard and back and was never cleaned off in between. Man do I miss those wedges!!!!!!

x129K likes this

My father grew up on park hill and my grandparents lived a block away from Landy's. Nothing compares.

Edited by 791075