jcoppola

Norwalk, CT FD Marine 238

9 posts in this topic

On October, 9, 2012, The City of Norwalk Fire Department took delivery of a 42' North River Marine Fire Boat. The boat has been named "The Robert Bedell" in honor and memory of one of our own who died in the line of duty several years ago.

post-4500-0-98775200-1349963634.jpg

post-4500-0-08895200-1349963665.jpg

post-4500-0-52475300-1349964518.jpg

post-4500-0-19586300-1349964550.jpg

post-4500-0-52074000-1349964605.jpg

Edited by jcoppola
FF398, 210, JM15 and 5 others like this

Nice shots. Good luck to the NFD with it.

Quick question, will it be docked at the Norwalk Police Dock in SoNo?

The boat will be docked by itself on the East Norwalk side of the river, close to the quarters of Engine 3, those are the members that man the boat.

Beautiful piece of apparatus. Best of luck with her. It looks well thought out just based on the pictures. I would love to see some of the specs/capabilities if someone could post them. Great pictures.

Great looking ship, good luck to all thoses who crew it.. a question ? the Storz connection off the back deck ? is that a suction or discharge ?

Great looking ship, good luck to all thoses who crew it.. a question ? the Storz connection off the back deck ? is that a suction or discharge ?

Thats a 5" discharge for running a feeder line from draft to land.

Beautiful piece of apparatus. Best of luck with her. It looks well thought out just based on the pictures. I would love to see some of the specs/capabilities if someone could post them. Great pictures.

I'll get a spec sheet together for you. Stand by...

Was this obtained through a grant?

It was. It was the US Port Security Grant. Based on this fact, the boat can be summoned to any reasonable location within the waterways around us. I believe Bridgeport's vessel was obtained in the same manner and Stamford is also getting one.

JVC