Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Burn: One Year On The Front Lines Of The Battle To Save Detroit

5 posts in this topic

Really cool.

On November 15, 2008, veteran Detroit firefighter Walter Harris was killed while battling a blaze in a vacant house.

A few weeks later, NPR ran a story about Detroit firefighters and the city’s increasing load of abandoned homes. (You can listen here.)

And we were off. We knew this story had to be told. PBS funded the 10-minute trailer you see on our homepage. We shot the trailer in just five days.

Networks and distributors are interested, but in the current economy, this kind of support happens slowly. So we’ve put together a unique funding structure, blending donations, sponsors and “in-kind” support of goods, gear and services.

We are committed to making a film we can all be proud of

Thanks so much for your support.

sfrd18 likes this

Got my tickets for Sat. Been looking forward for this for a while. Look like a great documentary.

x129K likes this

Saw it and it was great. Really well done. It follows these guys lives and sucks you right in. I think we all know that Detroit is in some troble but seeing it on the film and you realize just how little we know about thier struggles. You will leave the theater effected and deep in thought.

I saw the movie with the guys from my station Monday night. BigRed1 is absolutely right. You will leave this movie deep in thought. The conditions these guys are expected to work in is nothing short of deplorable. Nobody should be expected to operate with what they have to work with, but they do it anyway. That city looks like a third world country but these guys fight harder than anyone to protect their hometown. Very well done.

BIGRED1 likes this