Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Newburgh police try to talk barricaded subject out of house.

7 posts in this topic

Newburgh police try to talk barricaded subject out of house.

Police have closed down Liberty Street after a man wanted on attempted murder charges refused to come out of his house.

Gofford Lembhard, the older brother of Michael Lembhard, who was killed in March during a confrontation with police, is barricaded in a two-story brick house, between Henry and Courtney Avenue.

There are several other people in the residence with Lembhard. It is not known whether they are hostages.

http://www.recordonl.../NEWS/121209862

BFD1054 likes this

I truely wonder how the people of Newburgh will spin this story to make it the PD's fault. Because we all know they will.....

JetPhoto and effd3918 like this

I truely wonder how the people of Newburgh will spin this story to make it the PD's fault. Because we all know they will.....

First they'll say that the U.S. Marshalls and CNPD shouldn't have come into the house, the same way they shouldn't have chased his brother into the house. Second, they claimed that the officers should have tazed Michael Lembhard when he was trying to kill them with a kitchen knife, so I guarentee tazing this guy cause he tried to run will be excessive force. I also find it funny that the lawyer felt the need to come to the scene, he probably wanted to witness everything so he can prepare for this new round of screw the police with this family. Edited by EMT111
JetPhoto likes this

I am f****** disgusted by what I just saw on the news about this story. I watched brave cops rush an attempted murder suspect with total disregard for their own safety and then I saw them have to deal the the lembhard family who rushed the cops and made the scene more chaotic. - ** For those of you who weren't aware, this clown who got locked up today is the brother of the other clown that NPD was forced to shoot earlier this year.

This is a scenario that we deal with all the time, family members instead of standing back, come up and get involved, many times physically leading to their arrest also.

I also saw that f****** ambulance chaser sussman who i believe was wearing a bullet resistant vest, right in the middle of the whole thing.

These a******* said that they were in the house voluntarily and were not held hostage so if the orange county DA had any stones, he would charge them all with obstruction !!!!!!

I'm glad the brothers from the NPD, OCSO, NYSP and USMS are all ok and there is now one less lembhard to prey on the citizens of orange county.

Edited by crime cop

Here's a hint folks don't break the law and you won't risk being shot by the police

*edit spelling

Edited by JetPhoto
BFD1054 likes this

Glad to see they got this dirt-bag without any injuries to law enforcement. What did surprise me is that David Sussman, the criminal loving liberal lawyer actually said the police handled it well. Let's see however when the lawsuits start if he changes his tune.

BFD1054, x4093k and JetPhoto like this