Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PEMO3

Nurse radio hosts pranked to get royal baby details commits suicide

9 posts in this topic

".An ill-advised stunt by a pair of Australian shock jocks took a tragic turn when a nurse they tricked in order to get confidential information about the royal baby committed suicide.Jacintha Saldanha, a nurse at King Edward VII Hospital, where pregnant Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton was being treated for morning sickness, was the butt of the cruel joke. The now-suspended deejays, posing as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles, coaxed Saldanha into transferring them for an update on the condition of Middleton, wife of Prince William. On Friday, officials announced Saldanha had taken her life."Police were called at approximately 9:35 a.m. this morning to a report of a woman found  unconscious,” a Scotland Yard spokesman said. "London Ambulance Service attended and the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/07/royal-prank-call-nurse-reportedly-commits-suicide/#ixzz2EOiBPgMg

Yes, I think it is. But I truly believe that it is rare that someone committs suicide from a single incicent. There may be a trigger, like bullying or a prank, but that is usually just the last straw in a long line of situations

Yes, I think it is. But I truly believe that it is rare that someone committs suicide from a single incicent. There may be a trigger, like bullying or a prank, but that is usually just the last straw in a long line of situations

I bet there were some under lying mental health issues however you are approaching this from a very American point of view. The British Monarchy is essentially unassailable in the United Kingdom. It is morally reprehensible to slight the Royal Family in any way. Think about the uproar over the Kate Middleton topless photos which were taken in plain sight, now imagine if those photos had come from inside her house.

What you need to remember is that the Royal Family is the Kennedys, Kardashians and every American president and their families all rolled into one nice little family unit. And as the good captain said, imagine you had just disrespected and betrayed the future leader and figurehead of your country due to a simple, avoidable mistake.

The said part is that this "prank" was a non issue until the news media gave it a life of its own. Think of all the stories the media has used to sell ratings recently - EMS Commander carried through flood waters, pictures of the gentleman moments before he was struck by the train, and the list goes on. All these actions have real consequences the same way this ratings prank did. People forget even our lives are effected by the principles of basic physics - for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I just hope this woman's liife was worth the ratings bump.

Bnechis, BFD1054 and JetPhoto like this

The said part is that this "prank" was a non issue until the news media gave it a life of its own.

This was huge story overseas in the UK and such it has become a huge story here as well. Even though we fought off the british almost 250 years ago, we are still very much infatuated with their culture. Kate Middleton (wife of the second in line to British throne) being in the hospital was a story in the national media before the nurse killed herself.