Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest CTV02

Updating the site?

57 posts in this topic

What are we afraid to be honest here.... why don't you actually update the photofeed since it hasnt been done since the 5th as well as the whole site it is growing stale when was the last time buddy shots was updated? If you want to run a site, then you are supposed to update it I have heard over and over that he is busy, blah blah blah. That is not a good excuse. You need to make more time to run this site if you want to continue to do it. I like the site, is definetly not the best, but I'm tired of waiting for the updates. and I agree the LA Feed is retarded. and take all the PD crap off the site like the guy on the page right now this is a fire and ems site.

If you don't like it leave! Nobody is forcing you to be here. And to be totally honest with you if you can do better go make your own site. This site is free and for the benifit of all members, there are a lot of us who are in multiple agencies be it FD, EMs, or PD.

So as said before love it or leave it!!!!!

And how can the site be stale, have you psoted more then this? NO so make it better post some info.

Come to play or just go home

I dont have to leave.i liked this site but it is getting bad. somebody needs to tell this guy to do his job since he is not doing much of it lately. and it is not free if he is asking for donations i can do much better

if u don't like it leave the people are putting in a lot of time into this site to make it what it is today and they have regular jobs that take up a lot of time and to be bad talking about them is just wrong. keep up the good work guys and for u CTV02 leave if u don't like it

Donations is right not A FEE. no one has to donate hence the meaning of the word.

Go start your own site then.

I am with you DADAY (hows the kid?) & afd65

CTV02 if you could do better then try yourself. The site does need to be updated but you have a website that almost 2500 members strong and running it on his own free time. It is a great site that has alot of great information that is good for all. If you have a complaint email the webmaster , don't bash the guy where everybody could read it.

RESPECT GOES A LONG WAY

I am with you 

The site does need to be updated

See enough with the bs excuses and more of the updates!!! there is no excuse nobody visits the photo pages anymore because there is nothing too see call me whatever at least i am saying what everybody thinks

and i did email and was lied to and said he was busy lately and had good futurer plans blah blah blah and i got no results

maybe the forums should be closed so the photos can be posted like before the forums were started

and the only reason these messages survive is becuase of the fires that are posted and that he doesnt do anything there so what work is this guy doing that he is so busy?

somebody needs to tell this guy to do his job since he is not doing much of it lately. and it is not free if he is asking for donations i can do much better

The "guy" that runs this site does it for free. He does not get payed to do it. He does it in between all of his money making jobs.

If you can do much better, Then do it!

What are we afraid to be honest here.... why don't you actually update the photofeed since it hasnt been done since the 5th as well as the whole site it is growing stale when was the last time buddy shots was updated? If you want to run a site, then you are supposed to update it I have heard over and over that he is busy, blah blah blah. That is not a good excuse. You need to make more time to run this site if you want to continue to do it. I like the site, is definetly not the best, but I'm tired of waiting for the updates. and I agree the LA Feed is retarded. and take all the PD crap off the site like the guy on the page right now this is a fire and ems site.

Why are you afraid? registered today? hiding something? If you don't like it don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you, Get out!

who do you people think you are? lets hear the real word on this or is he too afraid

NOTHING LIKE A COWARD WHO REREGISTERS WITH A DIFFERENT NAME SO NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS........... SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO CONTINUE LISTENING TO YOUR BS..... GO CRY TO SOMEONE WOH ACTUALLY GIVES A S---T ABOUT YOUR OPINION :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

im no coward....we need to take this site back so its good are you all too stupid to understand

Hmmm, what to say, and where to start??? :sad:

im no coward....we need to take this site back so its good  are you all too stupid to understand

So we are all to stupid? Well I'm glad you are here to lead us, and tell us what to think. Thanks because you seem to have such an open mind. Coward or Not a Coward, but an a** all the same

Are you as ugly as your hippo? Why don't you shut your mouths, this is none of your business if you dont support me

I THINK THE MODERATORS SHOULD PULL THIS AND THE OTHER TOPIC FROM THE SITE IT IS GETTING OUT OF HAND AND WE ALL KNOW WHY WE VISIT THIS SITE THERE IS NO NEED TO GET UPSET OVER ONE PERSON WHO WE ALL KNOW THAT HIS COMMENTS DON'T MATTER I THINK WE SHOULD BOYCOTT HIM AND NOT CONTINUE TO FEED HIM AMMO AND JUST DELETE ALL THE ABOVE POSTS

Hey, you know what? I submitted photos a month ago. They're not up, do you hear me complaining??? NO!! The man is busy!!! When and IF those running the site get to it then great, if not, I'll just continue to enjoy the forum in which people with the same interests are able to chat about relevent topics. Are you here just to look at pretty pictures. If you are then your interest in this field of work is pretty weak. How old are you, I mean, my 9yr old brother only likes pictures. He doesn't like to read the words either.

I THINK THE MODERATORS SHOULD PULL THIS AND THE OTHER TOPIC FROM THE SITE IT IS GETTING OUT OF HAND AND WE ALL KNOW WHY WE VISIT THIS SITE THERE IS NO NEED TO GET UPSET OVER ONE PERSON WHO WE ALL KNOW THAT HIS COMMENTS DON'T MATTER I THINK WE SHOULD BOYCOTT HIM AND NOT CONTINUE TO FEED HIM AMMO AND JUST DELETE ALL THE ABOVE POSTS

I understand you, but I don't agree. Lets not kill things just cause they get a little tough. A little arguement is always a good way to keep things fresh.

Yeah yeah......two posts back to back.....

i guess we should start to screen our membeers now, so that people with actual brains can be here. Not people who are only negative and only can think that way.

Where to start with this....

First off, I'd like to thank everybody who had my back in this thread. It's the members that support this endeavor is the reason why it is still here. I'm not going to delete this thread for a little bit, so members who have viewed it can see the resolution

To CTV02, I'm sorry the site is dissapointing you. As I've stated to you in your emails to me, please just have a little patience and tone down the anger and intensity. I love to update the site just as much as people like to see them, but recently my time has been scarce, and I will attempt to explain.

If you are not aware, I am the only one who makes the updates to the photo site. And even though I do receive contributions, this site is mainly funded by me.

A big issue for me is that I spend WAY too much time on the computer as it is. It's getting to the point where it is actually unhealthy, and I've been trying to change that and ration my time on the computer. Each set of updates usually takes several hours to do, and I end up putting off or not doing other things I want or sometimes NEED to do. It's affecting my sleep and other things as well, as I constantly worry about this site. I realized I needed to stop this and start having a life beyond this site, which is what I am attempting to do.

In addition to my full time job, which has been stressing me out lately, it's Spring and I'm trying to get out and enjoy the nice weather. I go to the gym mostly every day, I've been mountain biking a lot. I just got back from a few days in Boston, where my sister graduated college. I'm going to Florida for several days next month. I've been out visiting and spending time with friends, and taking care of my 2 trucks. I'm pursuing a career as a Firefighter-Paramedic, among a ton of other projects. And also, with the beautiful weather, I've been out using and learning about my camera and getting photos.

Again, as I've stated in the email(s) to you, I'm planning a redesign of the front page of the site. That is going to be a massive, time consuming undertaking, and I hope it will happen at some point this summer or sooner. Until then, I will make updates as time and other things permit.

I have so much I want to do with the photo site..and so many more updates I want to make.....it's just all about finding the time.

So, CTV, the negative comments must end. I'm leaving your membership active so you can see this. Its sort of...interesting...that you are so passionate about the site to get angry about it like this...but you seriously offend me the negative way you went about doing it.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Main Entry: do·na·tion

Pronunciation: dO-'nA-sh&n

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English donatyowne, from Latin donation-, donatio, from donare to present, from donum gift; akin to Latin dare to give -- more at DATE

: the act or an instance of donating : as a : the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution b : a free contribution : GIFT

Assuming you can read this (there aren’t any pictures) I’m confused, do you have a successful site that EMS, FIRE, and POLICE members enjoy to the tune of Two-Thousand Four Hundred and Eight members and growing daily? Wow, if you do, post the address here so we can all go over and check out how much better it is?

I really like and apreciate the Site Mr. Bravo Thanks for all of the work that you put into it

wow the excuses and lies still go one now i confront you in person why do x635 and 901 photos always get posted all the time right away and nobody elses dont

3 words for you,.....

DEAL WITH IT

3 words for you,.....

DEAL WITH IT

two for you shut up

let me hear the answer

Seth--we all support you--those who don't-- know where they can go.

Sounds like you need some anger mangement. Never have i heard someone so mad, besides Osama Bin Ladin. Maybe you should go have a strong drink and relax. Or go play in traffic and hope an EMTBRAVO member has enough time to come save you. But maybe they will be busy posting pictures to make one very small minded person happy.