x635

How Do Criminals Like This Get A Second Chance?

13 posts in this topic

I believe in seconds chances, but how does this guy get 96 second chances? How is he not in prison for life? I'm not being sarcasrtic, I really wonder how?

I thought maybe there were all petty crimes, but 19 were felonies.

Jackson has 79 prior arrests and 19 prior felony convictions, police said. Walker has seven prior arrests and one misdemeanor conviction. The two were held at the Westchester County Jail, where they also received outstanding charges from other jurisdictions.

http://greenburgh.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/greenburgh-police-charge-two-credit-card-thefts

The guy had good lawyers, Oh wait we paid for them!

Maybe he was just too dumb to sentance? I always wondered the same thing. You hear about these criminals who have 70 prior arrests. I would think that at some point a judge would say " ya, life in the real world is not working for you. Maybe a place where your bad decisions don't effect society is more your speed." It's funny cause good people never get a second strike let alone a 78. You make one mistake and then they throw the book at you. Lock you up and throw the key. I am not a lawyer but i would think that after they let you off because it's your first offence, its jail time each felony after that.

x635 likes this

Is it more expensive to have him on the rovolving door at the court house or in prison? I wonder if he is the first suspect that gets called when a petty crime occurs in the neighborhood. Oh wait, that would be profiling.

JetPhoto likes this

I can honestly tell you he is one of thousands who slip through the cracks in the system. I used to do rap sheets before I retired and I was amazed on how lengthy the reports were. NY is a very liberal state when it comes to punishment.

BFD1054 likes this

Is it more expensive to have him on the rovolving door at the court house or in prison?

I think, if you consider all the costs that Police departments and courts have with investigations, arrests, trials, etc....those have to add up, too. Plus all the damage he has done to his victims, like the financial damage that occured with the latest crime.

And yet another incident yesterday, where one of the suspects in a pursuit originating from Yonkers:

The driver, whose license had been suspended 115 times

Seriously? At what point and what do you have to do to have your license revoked?

http://www.lohud.com/article/20130111/NEWS/301110118/Parolees-smash-cruisers-wild-Thruway-chase?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/568703/-Deal-of-the-century--in-multiple-thefts-case.html

WAILUKU - In what a judge called "the deal of the century," a woman with more than 100 prior arrests was placed on probation Friday for a series of thefts.

In a rare instance, 2nd Circuit Judge Richard Bissen said he had agreed to follow a plea agreement between the defense and prosecution in sentencing Brianita Hoopai, 48, of Makawao.

Bissen said he committed to following the plea agreement before seeing a presentence investigation report, produced afterward, detailing Hoopai's background, which includes 122 arrests and 29 felony convictions.

"I would have to say if I had not agreed to this sentence, you would not be receiving this sentence today," Bissen told Hoopai on Friday. "This is probably the deal of the century."

How about this one. Courtesy of a friend of mine in HI.

And yet another incident yesterday, where one of the suspects in a pursuit originating from Yonkers:

Seriously? At what point and what do you have to do to have your license revoked?

http://www.lohud.com/article/20130111/NEWS/301110118/Parolees-smash-cruisers-wild-Thruway-chase?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Revocation is generally punishment for a conviction such as DWI. The 115 suspensions means that he was stopped and received 115 tickets that he failed to appear (or pay fines on). Some may have been child support related too. The penalties for driving with a suspended or revoked license are virtually the same so the issue isn't that he was suspended and not revoked.

The issue really is that he's been getting stopped over and over again without being arrested. They just "hang more paper" on him and let him go. He should have been arrested for felony aggravated unlicensed about 100 suspensions ago. :blink:

BFD1054 likes this

And i thought 21 on 20 dates was bad !

Wait....you have a friend in Hawaii and you're here in New York why lol?

Revocation is generally punishment for a conviction such as DWI. The 115 suspensions means that he was stopped and received 115 tickets that he failed to appear (or pay fines on). Some may have been child support related too. The penalties for driving with a suspended or revoked license are virtually the same so the issue isn't that he was suspended and not revoked.

The issue really is that he's been getting stopped over and over again without being arrested. They just "hang more paper" on him and let him go. He should have been arrested for felony aggravated unlicensed about 100 suspensions ago. :blink:

Chris, god did i hate figuring out all the V&T stuff when i worked Commo lol!

Don't worry. The governor says that tougher gun control laws will solve all of our problems.